Hello

Post an introduction thread about yourself here.
tassle
Closed Account
Closed Account

Hi Everyone,

I've been playing the game for a few weeks now and had a few looks around this forum and in chat, so I thought it was about time I properly introduce myself here too.

Since tassle was taken on IRC, I use Eastwood as my nick there.

As I said, I only discovered this game a few weeks ago. I've been playing it whenever I had the chance and I am lovin it!! I am also getting a little frustrated, as I seem to get killed around every new corner I turn at the moment and I get the impression I am missing out on half or more of what the game has to offer me right now. But I am sticking to it and am sure I will succeed in the end. I might be asking some silly questions here before that happens tho.

Tassle / Eastwood
Drako Slyith
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer
Location: Researching how to make St. Kats star go supernova.

Welcome to the forums!
Play in over 100 systems in a network. Play the 2011 Mod Of the Year
and the highest rated mod on Xelerus, The Network.
Play the July Mod of the Month, Fellow Pilgrims!
Play My other mods as well
(Drako Slyith)* I am a person
(Eliza chatbot)> Do you believe it is normal to be a person?
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Location: Hmm... I'm confused. Anybody have a starmap to the Core?

Hi eastwood! If you want some hints, tips, spoilers, ask away or go to the wiki. Have fun and welcome to the forums! :D
Tutorial List on the Wiki and Installing Mods
Get on Discord for mod help and general chat
Der Tod ist der zeitlose Frieden und das leben ist der Krieg
Wir müssen wissen — wir werden wissen!
I don't want any sort of copyright on my Transcendence mods. Feel free to take/modify whatever you want.
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

tassle : WELCOME.

There are no questions stupider then the ones I ask : i got the copyrights on those :)
and you should be lucky you missed some of my worse ones -- and my very bad ideas :) LOL

taking the game without the defenses we have at our fingertips is NOT easy which makes a regular player the most valuable item in the game for the Developer and extension makers : your questions, thought are extremely interesting to us all.

The beauty of this game is that YOU, the normal player , can inquire....and teams of minds crunch .xml to duplicate and experiment with what concerned you to see if it can be made harder or easier ( but not too easy )..and if it works out to be popular.....it COULD become part of a future version.

every official version of the game was not simply the Awesomeness of the developer, it was the players that led the game in the direction it went : otherwise you would still be playing with squares and rectangles and OMG what was THAT? :)

With each new level comes Technology that can help you gain a foothold into the up-comming level : your biggest threats prior to the Capital are the Corsair II and Drake : but you will get the technology to arm against them: if you are low on credits : missions and mining are the easiest way to gain credits: often mining colonies give you the missions so you can buy the mining laser to mine with later ( very useful , mining to me is fuel consuming but relaxing : I go after Solar Armor or a Solar Panel Array to save credits on fuel )

IN the capital you will meet other Hostiles or collections of them to gain experience with before you leave the system: take advantage of that, these very same hostiles can NOT call for help in the capital : so it's just you and them and you have the entire capital backing you up : all you have to do is run toward a major station and they will take the hostiles on with you.. when in trouble use the "I" button on your keyboard ( requires relationship with Domina, visit the Sisters for more options on how to do that ) and or find a rock to hide on while you refuel, repair or get your shield up.
Flying Irresponsibly In Eridani......

I don't like to kill pirates in cold blood ..I do it.. but I don't like it..
tassle
Closed Account
Closed Account

Thanks guys ! I'll go and read up a bit more and I'll try not to post too many questions already answered elsewhere.
erik dela cruz
Militia Captain
Militia Captain
Location: Patrolling Scarborough Shoal and the Spratlys Islands (West Philippine Sea)

Howdy.:)
.....cry without weeping......
.....talk without speaking......
.....scream without raising your voice......
Ttech
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Glad to see you on both parts of the community! Keep stopping by IRC though! :)
tassle
Closed Account
Closed Account

I am, but often (like right now) everyone is either asleep or away x(
Ttech
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Yeah, we need to wake up people more.