Hola!

Post an introduction thread about yourself here.
Anarchist
Anarchist

Hi all!

Just wanted to stop in and say hi. I was turned on to Transcendence by a friend a few months ago but didn't really get into it until a couple of weeks ago.

I'm a staunch roguelike fan and something of a masochist, so I've been playing with no mods and a strict "No Resurrections" policy. I can usually survive to St. Katherine's star now, though I usually die within the next couple of systems. And I haven't yet managed to kill the Slicer (after dying to him twice, I've started to just cut my losses after getting the old man's shield mod).

I've got a programming background and may someday dip my toe into modding, but I'd like to finish the game first so that I have a good sense of whole-game balance. Given my above mentioned refusal to resurrect, it may be a while.

Anyway! Glad to meet y'all, and huge thanks to George for such a great game!
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Location: Hmm... I'm confused. Anybody have a starmap to the Core?

Hi, and welcome to the forums 256!
As for permadeath, ("no resurrections") good luck. For a challenge, I'd advise you to try the Network mod and Dynamic Systems.
I've also done Vanilla permadeath (on 1.03), and needless to say, I->A (Domina's sustain) is your friend ;)
Also, good luck with modding, and hopefully you make a great mod! (stop by IRC for live help by veteran modders, if you have a question, just step by and ask! :D )
There's also a Mod of the Month competition, and I highly advise that you vote. :D
Tutorial List on the Wiki and Installing Mods
Get on Discord for mod help and general chat
Der Tod ist der zeitlose Frieden und das leben ist der Krieg
Wir müssen wissen — wir werden wissen!
I don't want any sort of copyright on my Transcendence mods. Feel free to take/modify whatever you want.
Ttech
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

If you ever do get into modding or even if you don't, you are welcome to stop by the IRC channel and say hi. You can idle there as well. :)