Hola!

Post an introduction thread about yourself here.
Anarchist
Anarchist

Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:38 pm

Hi all!

Just wanted to stop in and say hi. I was turned on to Transcendence by a friend a few months ago but didn't really get into it until a couple of weeks ago.

I'm a staunch roguelike fan and something of a masochist, so I've been playing with no mods and a strict "No Resurrections" policy. I can usually survive to St. Katherine's star now, though I usually die within the next couple of systems. And I haven't yet managed to kill the Slicer (after dying to him twice, I've started to just cut my losses after getting the old man's shield mod).

I've got a programming background and may someday dip my toe into modding, but I'd like to finish the game first so that I have a good sense of whole-game balance. Given my above mentioned refusal to resurrect, it may be a while.

Anyway! Glad to meet y'all, and huge thanks to George for such a great game!

RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Location: Hmm... I'm confused. Anybody have a starmap to the Core?

Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:59 am

Hi, and welcome to the forums 256!
As for permadeath, ("no resurrections") good luck. For a challenge, I'd advise you to try the Network mod and Dynamic Systems.
I've also done Vanilla permadeath (on 1.03), and needless to say, I->A (Domina's sustain) is your friend ;)
Also, good luck with modding, and hopefully you make a great mod! (stop by IRC for live help by veteran modders, if you have a question, just step by and ask! :D )
There's also a Mod of the Month competition, and I highly advise that you vote. :D
Tutorial List on the Wiki and Installing Mods
Image<----- click to get to #Transcendence IRC on Freenode
Der Tod ist der zeitlose Frieden und das leben ist der Krieg
Wir müssen wissen — wir werden wissen!
I don't want any sort of copyright on my Transcendence mods. Feel free to take/modify whatever you want.

Ttech
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:51 am

If you ever do get into modding or even if you don't, you are welcome to stop by the IRC channel and say hi. You can idle there as well. :)