Greetings

Post an introduction thread about yourself here.
The Kosmonaut
Anarchist
Anarchist

Hello,

I am the Kosmonaut.
I found Transcendce while looking for a game similar to ascii sector and I am enjoying the learning so far. In case I don't grasp anything I thought it'd be good to be on the forums to ask for help. Also useful in regard to new updates, I suppose.

About me, I am a 20 year old guy from Germany. Other rogue likes I enjoy are Dwarf Fortress, Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead and Binding of Isaac.
Other than that: Fromsoft's games Demons Souls, Dark Souls 1+2 and Bloodborne are my favorites so Im up to chatter about them as well.
But I also played Battlefield 3, almost any Pokemon,many Zelda titles, Morrowind (Oblivion to an extent) and Skyrim. Fallout 3, Chrono Trigger, some GTA titles. Some Fire Emblems. I play almost anything except for Racing and Sports games.
Enough of that, I guess you get where I'm from .

I look forward to getting to know the community and also learn much more about the game.
AssumedPseudonym
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Welcome aboard! It’s always good to get new faces around. We tend to be a friendly lot, so if you have problems, we can usually get things sorted out. …Or make you more confused. We’re kinda good at that sometimes…
 Feel free to drop by our IRC channel — check the Community Links on the forum’s front page. There’s usually someone around, though we do admittedly tend to sit idle in there for, like, hours at a time. *Cough*…Guilty as charged…*Cough* <.< >.> <.<;

Mod prefixes: 0xA010 (registered) and 0xDCC8 (miscellaneous)

My mods on Xelerus: Click here!

Of all the things I’ve lost in life, I miss my mind the least. (I’m having a lot more fun without it!)
catfighter
Militia Commander
Militia Commander
Location: Laughing manically amidst the wreckage of the Iocrym fleet.

Good to have you! And yes, as someone once coded:

Code: Select all

(func(Admin Response)= true){
if(admin func(amiable) = true)
Create func(Helpful Posts)
else func(Keep Calm and Post derisive topics)} 
From what you've seen so far, what's your favorite ship? Sapphire?
Behold my avatar, one of the few ships to be drawn out pixel by pixel in the dreaded... Microsoft Paint!

Day 31: "I have successfully completed my time reversal experiment! Muahahaha!!!"
Day 30: "I might have run into a little problem here."
The Kosmonaut
Anarchist
Anarchist

I tried all 3 and the Freighter got me to the fourth jump gate.
probably because you don't have to aim. And I like the more powerful reactor. I still have to learn general combat and also what to do with my credits.
catfighter
Militia Commander
Militia Commander
Location: Laughing manically amidst the wreckage of the Iocrym fleet.

Both better reactors and weapons you don't have to aim with are available early on. There's a Commonwealth Drydock in Eridani (in the crescent of stations near where you start) that sells reactors for several thousand credits apiece, so you could go check it out as soon as you've built up a little funds. If you want something that can aim for you, most weapons dealers will have something labeled "omnidirectional" (auto-aims at nearest enemy within range) or "tracking" (follows nearest enemy if fired while they're in range) for sale. Although these just shoot the closest enemy by default, you can hunt around for unidentified ROMs until you find a targeting program that will let you choose your targets. That program is a real lifesaver! :)
Behold my avatar, one of the few ships to be drawn out pixel by pixel in the dreaded... Microsoft Paint!

Day 31: "I have successfully completed my time reversal experiment! Muahahaha!!!"
Day 30: "I might have run into a little problem here."
Novak 67
Miner
Miner

Also, Transcendence has a modding community, to go to the website click below:
http://xelerus.de/index.php?s=mods

I am also a modder for that website that is mention above but I am still exploring all of the coding yet.

If you want to be a modder but do not have any experience, refer to transcendence's "Getting started with modding" tutorial modding article for beginners at the link below:
http://transcendence.kronosaur.com/guid ... exm?id=938
Darth Saber
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Greetings to The Kosmonaut. Transcendence is an awesome game to play, and a joy to mod. The first version I played was .98d, and I was hooked on it from the first day...
JohnBWatson
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

If you'd still like advice, I generally get an omnidirectional turbolaser and blast plate as soon as possible. It'll keep you in good shape up until St. Katherine's star.