a_shadowalker, new Steam player

Post an introduction thread about yourself here.
a_shadowalker
Anarchist
Anarchist

Hi all!

As you see, I found and purchased this game through Steam. I'm signing up here because it's getting harder to find the answers to my questions by merely searching the forum/wiki. Since I'm using some mods to deconstruct the game-play I'll mostly be asking questions and giving a little feedback. I'm not a modder, just your average computer literate. I was going to ask if there were newer mods that did something similar to Captain's Log but, CL is working (mostly) fine for now. Yay!!

Later :)
Hobbyist
JohnBWatson
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Worth noting that a coming update will show you which stations are in which systems. That should provide a lot of CL's functionality in vanilla.
relanat
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Welcome. Captain's Log is also one of my favourite mods. As you have found it's a little bit buggy because it was written for V 1.3(?) but still great. In the long term (I think) quite a few of it's features will make it into the unmodded game.

The IRC link is great if you are looking for answers too. Enjoy.
Stupid code. Do what I want, not what I typed in!
a_shadowalker
Anarchist
Anarchist

@JohnBWatson
I'm looking forward to it! :D

@relanat
Thanks for pointing out the chat. I'd missed it entirely. :lol: I'll check it out before I start asking questions here.

I'm currently watching "Developer Tries to Reach the Core" to pick up some tips.
Hobbyist
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

a_shadowalker wrote:@JohnBWatson
I'm looking forward to it! :D

@relanat
Thanks for pointing out the chat. I'd missed it entirely. :lol: I'll check it out before I start asking questions here.

I'm currently watching "Developer Tries to Reach the Core" to pick up some tips.
Tip 1: Look at what we're yelling in chat, because George doesn't. :P

I'd strongly recommend coming along and watching live if the timezones work out for you. It's good fun.
Mischievous local moderator. She/Her pronouns.