Ideas for new items

Post ideas & suggestions you have pertaining to the game here.
Czert
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Clear Air Turbulence wrote: The drawback would be you could download a virus that will infect other ROMs you already have installed, possibly destroying them. You might even have a virus temporarily disable your ship.
Argument for good anti-virus software :lol:
My English, may be poor, but better than yours Czechs.

Do you chalenge me ? But be nice :-)) http://czert1938.mybrute.com
evilbob
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

how about the screen goes blank and makes it look like you computer really is broken, and then it goes off after you start to worry?
Czert
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

evilbob wrote:how about the screen goes blank and makes it look like you computer really is broken, and then it goes off after you start to worry?
Hehe, and some smaller patient peoples restart PC :lol:
You are very evil person evilbob :twisted: :lol:
My English, may be poor, but better than yours Czechs.

Do you chalenge me ? But be nice :-)) http://czert1938.mybrute.com
evilbob
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Thats why I'm EVILbob :twisted:
Clear Air Turbulence
Closed Account
Closed Account

evilbob wrote:how about the screen goes blank and makes it look like you computer really is broken, and then it goes off after you start to worry?
How about having the display replaced by a fake BSOD, with references to a fake company name instead of Microsoft, maybe with a countdown until the system reboots, after which the display goes back to normal and you resume control of your ship? That would be really annoying without tricking people into ruining their game by turning off their computer.
Yugi
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

I highly doubt George would add that to the game, though it'd be great if someone modded it! :D
FAD
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Some random ideas;

A ROM that will charge you a fine for "accidentally" wasting a friendly ship during battle. Reason: Many times a friendly will get in the line of fire and get destroyed and afterward, you cannot dock at the base that friendly was stationed at, ever again. So annoying! Having such a chip, when used, would allow you to pay a fine and then once again be able to dock at that base. Kinda like an insurance policy ROM.

Along with the "Attack Target" and "Wait here" commands, there should also be a docking command to have active Autons return to your ship. They'd go back into the inventory section where they came and you'd have to "reactivate" them again when needed.
This would be prime for the makings of a "carrier" ship sporting a few sorties of Autons!

Dead turret barricades around a friendly base. You can lute them, but darn'd if you blast them off of the map, you'll no longer be able to dock at the friendly base and, you'll have friendly ships hammering on you! This an oversight or intentional? Should have it so you don't get penalized for trying to clear that bebris around a friendly base. Also, the turrets shouldn't be dockable while they're active and still alive-dockable only if destroyed. This would make docking at the base a lot easier.

AI ships that join you should be repairable. (mentioned this in another thread) Having a command to order the AI "wingman" to dock and repair while at a base. Naturally, the costs should come out of the players credits. Would really be nice if the player could upgrade the wingmans ship, using the same method as UG'g the players ship. Have a choice of which ship to service while docked.

How 'bout a "hacker" cannon?
This weapon, when fired at an enemy ship (once shields are down) would hack into the ships computer and temporarily override the systems, causing that enemy ship to become a friendly...say, 30 seconds maybe? Afterwhich, it'd return back to enemy stats. This could be fun!

Claiming a destroyed base. Got this idea after the encounter at Charon (Sp?). If the player has enough of those huge barricades in the hold of their ship, should be able to claim a destroyed base. Have this as an option once docked- "Claim and rebuild base?" Use the barricades to rebuild and make the base active.
Once made active, player could use the base as a depot to store their spoils. This would keep the Salvagers from looting your loot.
Sure, we have the mule Auton, but its storage cap is small and unless you park the slow tug over a planet or sun, it's usually a prime target for the enemy and you lose a lot of stored loot once it's destroyed. Why babysit a mule if you can have a base that allows storing a lot more spoils?

***POSSIBLE SPOILER*** Be warned!
Don't read any further if you prefer to find out on your own.

There's a particular gem of an item that, when used, can repair many other items. The drawback from it is that it only repairs one item at a time. If the player has several of these precious items and several damaged "same" goods, there should be an option to use as many as you like, by typing in the amount of items to repair. Gets tedious to use them on a lot of the same damaged item, one at a time.
Example for ref;
I have 10 precious items(PI) and 10 damaged lazers. When I select the PI and then select the lazers, It should ask how many I'd like to use on them. If I type in 7, then 7 PI's are used and 7 lazers are repaired.

In v.97, I have yet to make it to the last solar system (can't remember its name), but in v.96 we have the Tinkers-so kewl! I've seen them in .97 as well, sweet! But, is there or could there be an advanced Tinker? One that picks up where the other stops? There's a lot of weapons, shields, barrels of stuff and such that our basic Tinker doesn't work with and some stuff that even that precious item mentioned earlier will not repair or enhance. Would be nice to have a facility that will fix/mod those otherwise useless damaged items and use advanced ores.
And yes, I know about that Rasiermesser manu-facility but it caters mainly to like items. What about a Military "Tinker" facility for advanced items?
Yugi
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Try going to the new Rasiermeisser station. That repairs devices and such.
FAD
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Try going to the new Rasiermeisser station. That repairs devices and such.
Like I mentioned earlier, that Rasier station caters to mainly like items. It'll also repair omni lazers as well, but there's quite a few weapons that neither the sphere, the Tinker or Rasiermeisser station can repair. And there's also a lot of $ that could be made if they were repairable as well as enhanced-especially in great numbers.
At one time, I ordered 2000 of those spheres, cost me around $1.4 million credits, but after salvaging, repairing and enhancing about 30 or so TeV weapons, I trippled my credits. Some of those non-repairable weapons cost a lot more than a TeV, so if they were repairable and enhanced, would draw in more $.

That's another thing. Why does a Longzhu cost a couple hundred more per unit if you order them, than they do if you buy them at a station? And that's before the S&H costs. I bought them at a station for around $500-$550 each, but they cost $700 each if you order them.
FAD
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Forgot to mention... Nothing I've encountered so far in the game will repair reactors, solar panels, repair arms/spiders and weapon enhancers. That's some of the stuff along with some of the non-repairable weapons that I'd like to see either an advanced Tinker or even another type of sphere be able to repair. Most of which can be hard to come by unless you order them or scour each and every derelict in hopes of finding one. And to order any of them, only the 1GW reactor (any larger?) is worth spending that one-shot order deal on.