High Score

Post ideas & suggestions you have pertaining to the game here.

I just finished Transcedence and got a score of 00145. It is my no. 1 score above my previous score of 40000+, therefore I assume that this means that there is a 1 off the screen before the 00145. Can you fix this in the next release?
george moromisato
Developer
Developer

It works fine for me. A few questions:

1. What version of Transcendence are you running?
2. What OS are you using (Windows 9x or Windows XP)?
3. Do you have the Tahoma font installed?

Also, if you possibly can, could you send me a screenshot of the problem? Just press PrtScn and paste into a bitmap file.

Thank you!

The PrtScrn button doesn't seem to be mapped to print the screen out to a file. I am using XP.

PS: sorry for late reply, and the number is actually 004505.
george moromisato
Developer
Developer

Anonymous wrote:The PrtScrn button doesn't seem to be mapped to print the screen out to a file. I am using XP.

PS: sorry for late reply, and the number is actually 004505.
You have a score greater than 1,000,000? That's pretty impressive. I suppose I'll have to increase the width in the high score list again.
Yugi
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

George, as the game expands beyond the Heretic system, and it will be possible for us to kill more enemies, will you have to decrease the number of points we get for killing each enemy to try and prevent over-scoring?

EDIT: Hmmm....that didn't make much sense.. What I mean is that when the game has expanded beyond the Heretic system, it will be possible to kill more enemies. Having a better chance to kill more enemies will mean we will be able to gain a higher average of score than in present versions. Will this happen, or will the longer time taken to complete the game balance it out?
Fossaman
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Your first idea actually did make sense, Yugi. Call it 'point deflation' if you will.

I think that one of the (very few, possibly the only) times I finished the game, I scored over 1,000,000 points. That was several versions ago, though. I wonder if I forgot to post a bug report...
X-ray laser! Pew, pew pew!
> = = = = ۞