Which sovereign to continue into late-game

Post ideas & suggestions you have pertaining to the game here.
dvlenk6
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Oh...I didn't realize we were talking about post-heretic. I took 'late game' to mean somewhere after maybe level 6 or 7 systems to the end.

That still doesn't change my thought about Domina having an expanded prescence in the game.

I think that if humans were beyond heretic gate when the Iocrym quarantine went into effect, they would have been exterminated. I believe the reason for the quarantine is that human military technology has become refined to such a point during the Ares/Commonwealth struggle that they are now a threat to the core-dwelling aliens of the galaxy. You do not quarantine a dangerous organism and allow others of the same ilk to roam freely outside of the QZ.

Domina (and Oracus) on the other hand, make, to quote Lathana from a discussion at Transcendi WAG Forum, seem like children. Their followers could, and most likely would include other alien species. These might be the only post heretic beings that would even tolerate a human prescence.

I would really enjoy seeing an exodus of other humans now that the Heretic gate is opened. But most of the populateable regions beyond Heretic likely are already settled by other species; and they apparently are not fond of humans.

Conflicts with these species could have profound impact on humanity in the galaxy. The Ares and the Commonwealth were not always at war, there is no reason that they must perpetually remain at war. A struggle against a common enemy has united many warring nations in history. Self preservation is a primal instinct. A union of the major human powers might be the only thing that could save humankind from extinction if the Iocrym (and others) decide that a quarantine isn't enough.

These are all just guesses though, and what I would like to see happen after Heretic. It would be nice to leave human space entirely and explore completely alien territories, almost like starting a whole new game.
Frits
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

It should be 3 factions, one enemy and two friendly since you could have messed up relations with one of the friendlies. Then i'd vote for ie the Ares, the Blackmarket and the corporates. It's kind of a military game and altho Domina's spiritual side can very well lend a bit of flavour to the game i like the trading part of it more, it's the games' backbone.

If there's gonna be corporates there needs to be an economic system. This will require a lot of new creations, items and ideas but there are many already posted on the UTF. Also i'd like to see a (advanced) tinker or a laboratory (or two, a bm and a corporate) which you need for the better arms & armor.

[quote="hookoa"]-The Ares are losing against the commonwealth fleet. The battle may be close, but the Ares were defeated before and with CSC's scattered throughout their space, their only choices are surrender, hold their ground (which isn't going to work forever), or push for the core.

-The Ares know they can't beat the Commonwealth on their own. Maybe it'd be in their best interest to seek an alliance with advanced aliens such as the Iocrym.

"Hey Iocrym... Ever notice all those giant white ships getting closer and closer to that gate you're guarding? They look like a fleet... an attack fleet. We, the Ares, would like to help you defend your gate in exchange for your friendship."

Hookoa there's an inconsistency here, you argue how the Ares would have 3 strategic choices, like in hollywood only one is feasible and it's push for the core or to put it differently; go for the heretic gate. Then why would they team up with the Iocrym? And why would the iocrym (still) trust them?

My sig maybe?: Sorry if some of my Transcendence story is mixed up. I can't always remember the details of the Transcendence galaxy
george moromisato
Developer
Developer

dvlenk6 wrote:Oh...I didn't realize we were talking about post-heretic. I took 'late game' to mean somewhere after maybe level 6 or 7 systems to the end.
When I started the thread I meant 'pre-heretic', but it's interesting to read ideas about post-heretic too.

dvlenk6 wrote:Domina (and Oracus) on the other hand, make, to quote Lathana from a discussion at Transcendi WAG Forum, seem like children. Their followers could, and most likely would include other alien species. These might be the only post heretic beings that would even tolerate a human prescence.
Thanks for linking to that topic--I had not seen it before and Lathana makes some really interesting points.

I haven't worked out exactly what's in store for the player after Heretic, but logically, the player would mostly encounter alien cultures. Will there be any human (or human-descended) beings beyond Heretic? I don't know yet.
Frits
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

pre-heretic! That had eluded me completely LOL
When in post-heretic alien space there are to be friendlies i feel it shouldn't be humans as they are barred. There could be humanoids tho and / or other creatures linked to humans or created by them.

Another known faction in alien space can be either the Ranx, Sung, Xenophopes or another and they might turn friendly to you if in the pre-heretic endgame you do the right thing, you can either force them to surrender by destroying like 10 bases, buy their friendship or help them in their cause, maybe do a mission for them.

I know this is not everybodies favorite solution but the number of pre-heretic systems could be lower to make the endgame more interesting on average. If there are to be 20 (?) post-heretic systems there'll be a lot of gametime left.
LMK if this is a bad idea. Poll?
Revolver
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Why wouldn't you have humans in post-heretic space, if you get there, why can't people follow you? There may not be stations, but nothing is stopping the Ranx or Commonwealth or whomever from sending a fleet or two to follow you; maybe human factions only appear in exploration squadrons. If there is more to do then adding more systems shouldn't be a problem, especially with the addition of devices and races beyond heretic should create a very interesting scenario.
OddBob
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Why wouldn't you have humans in post-heretic space, if you get there, why can't people follow you? There may not be stations, but nothing is stopping the Ranx or Commonwealth or whomever from sending a fleet or two to follow you; maybe human factions only appear in exploration squadrons. If there is more to do then adding more systems shouldn't be a problem, especially with the addition of devices and races beyond heretic should create a very interesting scenario
On average, those following you (should there be any) would keep pace or lag behind. They left at least a few minutes at the very least after you because I've never seen a Ranx fleet in Hereitc. But even when you break the gate, who's going to know? Provided the Iocrym don't show up and scold St K's or something, I get the feeling nobody visits Heretic much. How long will it have to wait before the next daring sightseer gets there and finds the wreckage of the Iocrym and the gate open? Surely it'll take a while. What I'd really like to do is meet the occasional (as in, maybe three or four total) human that has escaped via other means before you. Surely others have tried, and succeeded. Maybe someone got a jumpdrive, pointed their ship core-ward, and taped the switch down. . But as far as post-heretic in general, one would think human contact would be rather limited.

I'd like to think of post-heretic almost as starting over. Everything can wipe the floor with you, (yes, even with a QAC and Lazarus) and you have zero money and no respect.
Fossaman
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

I don't think there should be many humans post-heretic...Maybe some explorers if you revisit the systems right after heretic, but no settlements of humans as such.

I would like to see, however, a group of humans that have been taken and experimented on by the alien races, a sort of ultra-neo-human race.

As for other races...I don't know. The Iocrym, Heirodules, and their ilk, obviously, but past that I have no clue.
X-ray laser! Pew, pew pew!
> = = = = ۞
SparcMan
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

I figure there would probably be a few human or human descended settlements past Heretic. For one thing, it's unlikely that Iocrym command ship was ALWAYS there. There may have been human settlers that managed to get past heretic BEFORE the gate was closed and guarded. Also, it had to have been closed and guarded for a reason - possibly the reason was the sudden invasion of human settlers. Unless all humans that got through were hunted down and wiped out, there would be a few human settlements. Also, how do we know that some races don't already have contact with the Iocrym? The Iocyrm guard may also have functioned as a gatekeeper that only allowed certain factions through. Most likely the ringers have ties to the Iocrym with their independant economy and exotic weaponry and technology. I think the game should smoothly transition rather than change abruptly after heretic.
Frits
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Humans are quarantined, that's part of the storyline. And by the way it needn't be only humans you meet pre-heretic, why wouldn't an alien venture there.

Now if you open the gate you could get the opportunity to broadcast this... indeed after some time other humans could also enter alien space but they know they are not welcome and there's reason to stay put, fear.

And revolver the lategame needs to be more versatile and surprising. A new rinsource, a war for the CSC's and missions, the war could be about a concept (like free speech) or about resources (rins springs to mind). If we can only think of events post-heretic and we cannot come up with more aspects of this future society we can add we better shorten the endgame a little.
Frits
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Fossaman wrote:I don't think there should be many humans post-heretic...Maybe some explorers if you revisit the systems right after heretic, but no settlements of humans as such.

I would like to see, however, a group of humans that have been taken and experimented on by the alien races, a sort of ultra-neo-human race.

As for other races...I don't know. The Iocrym, Heirodules, and their ilk, obviously, but past that I have no clue.
Or there could be subversive elements that want the human ban lifted. And they dó accept the currency you own.

Heirodules and their ilk? excuse me??
Revolver
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Fossaman wrote:I would like to see, however, a group of humans that have been taken and experimented on by the alien races, a sort of ultra-neo-human race.
or, what if the experimentation led backwards to some creature more akin to the Ferians, maybe the Iocrym are trying to reverse human evolution and the Slavers have been selling them lab rats, and in the process were able to observe the Iocrym enough to develop the QAC. I do feel that there should be some sort of human prsence in the post heretic game, if Domina is such an influence to the humans (and the player) and to give advice in the sanctum, then maybe other followers would know when they were able to venture into deeper space.
the_holy_thom
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

as to people following you through heretic:

everyone, at some point in the game, docks with a station. most of us will upgrade our reactors and have things installed. This means that there is ample opportunity for someone to plant some sort of transmitter on your ship without you knowing.

the military know your a pilgrim - look at the dock screens in point juno. Maybe they thought that if you were powerful enough to lead the Navy to victory, then you are worth watching. Similarly with the Black market, the ringers and the corporations. Heading core-wards you say? In a ship armed like a battlewagon? Id be interested in what happened next.

Therefore after you get a few systems post heretic, someone should start following you, possibly buidling stations or just bringing CSC style things. They should never be ahead of you, but maybe at some point you would have to go back for something or some reason. Then you would see humanity following you.
Need a mod? Transcendence Mods
F50
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Pre-Heritic? The Sung and Domina(in that order).
I think the Sung should have a new capship(the old
one sucks in comparison to the Ranx Dreadnought).
Also a new heavy gunship or two. I will post the
ideas for those in the unoffical forum. The reason
Domina should be advanced has already been stated by
others. Come to think of it, the Penitent order
might also be enhanced for the late game, after all
they are the opposite of Domina.
Atheist_Chuck
Anarchist
Anarchist

Eli wrote:Definitely another trading source, either Black Market or a juiced up Corporate.
Probably more of the mystical exploration with Domina besides giving us powers.
I was wondering, too, why the first Iocrym ship you see is the Mother of all mothers and not some exploration ships or small colonies.
Maybe that iocrym WAS the small exploration ship...uh oh :shock:
Wolfen+Iocrym=Iocrym wreck =D
Yugi
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Maybe that iocrym WAS the small exploration ship...uh oh :shock:[/quote]

Yeah, and that's just what we call it. The real mothership (command ship?) of the Iocrym is probably halfway to the core and about the size of a small system. Maybe the "command" ship you beat at Heretic was just in command of that particular mission; quarantining.