generating stations

Post ideas & suggestions you have pertaining to the game here.
Frits
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

In midgame, somewhere around the Sanctuary system i'm incessantly getting in the same position. About half the time i have not found a fortress anywhere. I did find a few Ferian colonies and stacked up on the ores for sale at the corporates but i don't find any ringer who'll take them. Zero ringers! So i store the ores for later. Also i encounter several CW stations and BM shipyards which is nice, or they would be if i had military ID. It seems off balance to me but it could be just poor luck of course.
FAD
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

See, that's the beauty about this game. You never know what to expect and it's never the exact same. You have to take chances somewhere down the line and usually, more than once.
A game or two back, I went as far as 3 or 4 systems past St.K's and still dint have any targeting prog installed on my ship. I searched everywhere and everything I could to find one but there weren't any. So I'll be darn'd if I didn't go and order one at the first trading post I saw, just so I could have one. I had to waste my order on one tiny 2 bit item!

And then there's other times in a game where you'll find a handful or two of targeting ROM's. Gotta love it!
Frits
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

:) You're right it's also exciting. But when i encounter the same types of game every time it's not right.
You just mentioned trading posts, that's another thing. I get a lot of those so could take real advantage when i put in the effort of looting everything, dwargs and sung and then some more pfffft, so i bought promethium crystals and regenerating nanos and have 3 or 4 left to order more from. That's too much of a good thing but in that same game if i were to die now then wanted to buy new insurance i'd have to backtrack about 7 systems to reach StKath's.
ROM's have gotten a little more rare i feel, this is where George has hit the target, i learned to appreciate finding 3 shield or weapon ROM's once again and don't find that pile of system maps in my hold anymore.