Charon Pirates

Post ideas & suggestions you have pertaining to the game here.
Resident-Pyromaniac
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

I'd like to suggest that Charon pirates need a little more.. something.

Well, one thing I really want is Meaner and more powerful frigates. I looked
at the model, and they look like enormous space pickles. seriously. they should
get a new, -curved-evil-and-intimidating look. even simply making them bend in the middle would add a Vulture-esque qaulity that makes them more iconic and evil.

and they should appear much later in the game, and boast more powerful weapons, like six particle lancers that cover six seperate sections of the ship. so against many enemies, all particle lancers are used, but against one enemy, only one lancer can be brought to bear.

And since they are pirates, shouldn't they have other salvaged ships in their employment? I understand making the various factions different, but real space pirates would utilize anything they could get their hands on. such as, salvagers, ronin, sapphires, centiurion, etc.

and as a sovereign, it would be awesome to be able to join the pirates. go from bandit, to brigand, to captain, until you are an overlord. to attain higher ranks you would have to turn your back on domina and the CW, but you could command the Kronasauros... :twisted:

and if you join the pirates before charon, you get to attack the charon Korolov, and then defend your system against retribution from the CW, Volkov, and etc.
If Transcendence was made in 3D, I would die of Happiness.

If you are reading this, then I have planted a deadly virus into your CPU. (not really, but you can never be too careful.)
Drako Slyith
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer
Location: Researching how to make St. Kats star go supernova.

It is an interesting idea and theoretically possible. I do believe it has been raised before as well. The problem is that the game is built with the Commonwealth as such a necessary ally that having to give them up is impractical for just temporary allies. As for making them later in the game, I think they are placed accurately. Pirates would want to prey on the vulnerable ships, in the early systems before St. Kats. Also, after St. Kats the Marauders really have the pirate thing covered. If you have charon as well in the area, it would get confusing. And after Marauders is a war zone, and if I was a pirate I know I wouldn't try to capture a military-guarded freighter just carrying some fuel.
Play in over 100 systems in a network. Play the 2011 Mod Of the Year
and the highest rated mod on Xelerus, The Network.
Play the July Mod of the Month, Fellow Pilgrims!
Play My other mods as well
(Drako Slyith)* I am a person
(Eliza chatbot)> Do you believe it is normal to be a person?
Resident-Pyromaniac
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Hmm. Yes, that makes sense, but the Kronosauros in my mind should be deadlier. And, if you think about it, there have been pirates that have attacked military forces in the past. (like in the time of Sir francis Drake)

Anyways, here is something of what a Frigate should look like.
Attachments
Charonfrigatebetter.png
Charonfrigatebetter.png (4.35 KiB) Viewed 2889 times
If Transcendence was made in 3D, I would die of Happiness.

If you are reading this, then I have planted a deadly virus into your CPU. (not really, but you can never be too careful.)
Drako Slyith
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer
Location: Researching how to make St. Kats star go supernova.

Resident-Pyromaniac wrote:And, if you think about it, there have been pirates that have attacked military forces in the past. (like in the time of Sir francis Drake)
But even the marauders can be slaughtered by the fleet (not militia though, since they are just a bunch of ronins). The charon, even beefed up, would have no chance against the military.
Play in over 100 systems in a network. Play the 2011 Mod Of the Year
and the highest rated mod on Xelerus, The Network.
Play the July Mod of the Month, Fellow Pilgrims!
Play My other mods as well
(Drako Slyith)* I am a person
(Eliza chatbot)> Do you believe it is normal to be a person?
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

The charon, even beefed up, would have no chance against the military.
Then you have not seen DySy at it's Meanest.

While the game is the game and the Mod is the Mod: the game has a mind of it's own in it's own way:

I have watched Pirates battle Centurians and Ronin, Corporate Cruisers and wolfen.....I added my version of the Antares V ( the Antares6 & the Hostile version : the Veesix ) and the game ran it against everything in the Battle Screen ( the initial screen when you load the game ) : the Pirates are Pretty strong , it is just against the Playership they appear weak because we THINK , they simply DO.

Against the corporate cruiser ( i was testing a idea and released a station to refuel : when I pulled the station back in, I had forgot that it was " intcorporatedestroy" so the Cruiser showed up to Avenge the station in Charon :they do take a beating, but I locked the Cruiser and it was reading up damage pretty good , the Pirates swarmed it and it died before it could finish whatever it thought was " Avenge" ( the difference between long range and short range weapons makes the difference in who wins : my V6 got slaughtered by my Veesix last night because the Vee has the ability to gain better aim : as i learned : the Pirates hit hard and close, Military/ Corporate have long range weapons and tend to miss alot more often ).

So if you are thinking only of the Pirates Vs. Player: that is nothing like the way the game puts them against other game objects.

If that image came with a bitmask ( nothing fancy: one image, one bitmask of it: the game can make it fly and then we add weapons, etc) : once it flies it can become a more formidable talking point and a be more easily run into something like the stronger Pirate mods on /xelerus.de

P.s. : Pirates Attacked American Military ships, back in the days of Reagan when Colonel Wacky in Libya was renting space to terrorist training camps ( the reason America bombed his compound ) "back then" what we today call the Pirates were not seen as an organized group so they were simply classified as terrorists until proved otherwise.
Flying Irresponsibly In Eridani......

I don't like to kill pirates in cold blood ..I do it.. but I don't like it..