What do YOU want in 1.07?

Post ideas & suggestions you have pertaining to the game here.
Ttech
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

erik dela cruz wrote:Hey PM I wrote down a few and I hope George and the others like it:

1. Smartcannon rounds are un-resell-able so I wish the Tnkerers can make something good out of it.
2. I wish there are Iocrym friends in the Heretic.
3. I wish we can have additional missions for the the BM and also the Pirates or Maurauders like protection money collection.
4. Include Akan rounds in 1.
5. Can we get info on Ares military hierarchy describing the ranks of their pilots in each of their ships. I have something in mind but need em to help me form-up ideas to fruition.

Thats all for now folks. Thanks.:)

What would the smart cannon rounds be used for though? In Tinkerers world?
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Ttech wrote: What would the smart cannon rounds be used for though? In Tinkerers world?
I did something in " tinker's world " : trying to reduce various items given to ore then you can give the ore to the tinker then they can make a different item.....i did it for the conversion stations.....it seems like a long process to get something you can use but if a item reduces theoretically to say Graphite......and you give the Graphite product back to the tinker they can produce Armor or whatever.
Flying Irresponsibly In Eridani......

I don't like to kill pirates in cold blood ..I do it.. but I don't like it..
erik dela cruz
Militia Captain
Militia Captain
Location: Patrolling Scarborough Shoal and the Spratlys Islands (West Philippine Sea)

Ttech wrote:
erik dela cruz wrote:Hey PM I wrote down a few and I hope George and the others like it:

1. Smartcannon rounds are un-resell-able so I wish the Tnkerers can make something good out of it.
2. I wish there are Iocrym friends in the Heretic.
3. I wish we can have additional missions for the the BM and also the Pirates or Maurauders like protection money collection.
4. Include Akan rounds in 1.
5. Can we get info on Ares military hierarchy describing the ranks of their pilots in each of their ships. I have something in mind but need em to help me form-up ideas to fruition.

Thats all for now folks. Thanks.:)

What would the smart cannon rounds be used for though? In Tinkerers world?
A hellava big nasty colorful pyrotechnique projectile that would scare the heck outta Luminous drones perhaps? :mrgreen:

Seriously Ttech why does'nt any corporate or CWstation want to buy it after selling it? I know about the issues against Rassiermessiers decision to push through with the smartcannon but I can't find the logic behind it. So propose the smartcannon rounds to be converted to say a tracking Starburst missile(I wonder if NAMI would protest next) or something to that effect and Akan cannon rounds can be converted to Mags shells. :idea:
.....cry without weeping......
.....talk without speaking......
.....scream without raising your voice......
Cirevam
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

I second the idea of using Smartcannon rounds as the fragments in a Starburst missile. It would make them have a real use.
Datal
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Sorry, for changing topic of your intresting idea, but I have a little question ^^
But if I need to tell what I want really it's a simple item creator. Not in XML notepad. Simple program
in window, where you can write parameters of armor/weapon etc. and quickly add it to the game.
Just a little program. It will be helpful.
How do you think about it ?
I'm thinking about something like that, but it don't must add the item to the game...imagine that you wrote all parameters in program, then you clicked "ok", an program gave you ready 10-199999lines of xml text. Just an helpfull program.
Any questions ? /Ideas ? (I know...my english... :( )
Dedalo
Miner
Miner

Something like a game editor, where you build what you want for the game?
I think this is a good idea, especially if not limited just to the construction of new items and ships to the game.

:D
Physics hurts! Especially when she's in a bad mood.
alterecco
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

This would be a very complex program and would have to have a lot of time devoted to it. Not to speak of the fact that it would have to be developed in lock step with vanilla Transcendence.
Get your own Galactic Omni Device
Get it now. It's free!!
Dedalo
Miner
Miner

I agree alterecco, but I must say that it would be a nice addition.
Although perhaps not one thing to be added on a short period of time.

8-)
Physics hurts! Especially when she's in a bad mood.
Ttech
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

You have somewhat of a Game Editor, its a text editor and a sprite editor, together these separate tools allow you to create the universe. A full editor like UDK or CryTek would require the engine to be embedded into the editor and require a lot of stuff.
erik dela cruz
Militia Captain
Militia Captain
Location: Patrolling Scarborough Shoal and the Spratlys Islands (West Philippine Sea)

I wish to add one more. I wish the scuttle capability of playerships be made staple. Thanks. :)
.....cry without weeping......
.....talk without speaking......
.....scream without raising your voice......
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

erik dela cruz wrote:I wish to add one more. I wish the scuttle capability of playerships be made staple. Thanks. :)
I triple THAT. a great feature from great minds.
Flying Irresponsibly In Eridani......

I don't like to kill pirates in cold blood ..I do it.. but I don't like it..
Hatsuya Kanzaki
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant
Location: leading an armada of Realians driving sword-shaped gunships and WearGears

MOAR [CANON] WINGMEN TO BE WITH! And at one point, allowing themselves to change weapons too would be nice.

I wanna lead a squad of Jenna-like rookies besides her!
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Even more things I like to see:

* Ship scuttling as posted above. After all, if NPC playerships can do it easily, why can't the player?

* Nav beacons and intact turrets become undockable. Docking stations surrounded by such junk is difficult.

* Wrecked turrets that can be scuttled or destroyed *without* angering the parent station.

* Docking with the stargate places the playership at the center of the gate.

* Identification becomes an intrinsic accomplishment instead of items that can be lost forever.
Download and Play in 1.9 beta 1...
Drake Technologies (Alpha): More hardware for combat in parts 1 and 2!
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!
Playership Drones: Buy or restore exotic ships to command!

Other playable mods from 1.8 and 1.7, waiting to be updated...
Godmode v3 (WIP): Dev/cheat tool compatible with D&O parts 1 or 2.
Cirevam
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

PM wrote:Identification becomes an intrinsic accomplishment instead of items that can be lost forever.
Adding on to this, shopkeepers/traders should be able to know what an unidentified item is without revealing what it is to you. I shouldn't be able to sell radioactive waste to people simply because I don't know what the barrel contains. This would also help with identification by giving the player a clue as to what the barrel contains by how much they can sell it for, but they still won't know what the contents are until they use one.
Ttech
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Cirevam wrote:
PM wrote:Identification becomes an intrinsic accomplishment instead of items that can be lost forever.
Adding on to this, shopkeepers/traders should be able to know what an unidentified item is without revealing what it is to you. I shouldn't be able to sell radioactive waste to people simply because I don't know what the barrel contains. This would also help with identification by giving the player a clue as to what the barrel contains by how much they can sell it for, but they still won't know what the contents are until they use one.

Traders sometimes know what an item is even though it is unknown I think. But in reality, if you have an unopened container and you don't know what it is and you are trying to sell it. Let say a pawn shop, they will buy it but they won't sell you the possible top dollar for it. Unless they know what it is, it is a big risk. So that is something to consider there too.