What do YOU want in 1.07?

Post ideas & suggestions you have pertaining to the game here.
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Amazing to read this.........today , because I started something resembling it around 4 am.

I did not go so far as a system to purchase in the Auviq re-write:
i have Commander Filo asking the pilot to help finance station / ship building by doing missions ......
Player stations.....we got. player ships we got.......we can buy almost anything:
but do we ever help anyone but ourselves accomplish things without the threat of that "someone" getting destroyed?
this is where I was going with my idea...

But OBVIOUSLY we are all pretty close to thinking up the same things on near levels of our abilities.

I doubt I could do the system thing, but I CAN do what I got working......next mission is Turrets and later help buy a mining Borer-IX:)
Flying Irresponsibly In Eridani......

I don't like to kill pirates in cold blood ..I do it.. but I don't like it..
Hatsuya Kanzaki
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant
Location: leading an armada of Realians driving sword-shaped gunships and WearGears

SystemCreateWeaponFire support on launchers!
Datal
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

....Nothink. I thinked that we will have 2.0 soon. The second part. Not next upgrade of 1.01. :(
But if I need to tell what I want really it's a simple item creator. Not in XML notepad. Simple program
in window, where you can write parameters of armor/weapon etc. and quickly add it to the game.
Just a little program. It will be helpful.
Drako Slyith
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer
Location: Researching how to make St. Kats star go supernova.

Datal wrote:....Nothink. I thinked that we will have 2.0 soon. The second part. Not next upgrade of 1.01. :(
But if I need to tell what I want really it's a simple item creator. Not in XML notepad. Simple program
in window, where you can write parameters of armor/weapon etc. and quickly add it to the game.
Just a little program. It will be helpful.

2.0 won't come out for probably a few more years. We are not even on version 1.1.
Play in over 100 systems in a network. Play the 2011 Mod Of the Year
and the highest rated mod on Xelerus, The Network.
Play the July Mod of the Month, Fellow Pilgrims!
Play My other mods as well
(Drako Slyith)* I am a person
(Eliza chatbot)> Do you believe it is normal to be a person?
Val
Anarchist
Anarchist

Did anyone hear about Mount&Blade? There are a couple of useful ideas about sandbox-style gameplay, especially the economic and trade system.
Amilir
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Drako Slyith wrote:I'd like to see the ability to jump from stargate to stargate in the same system, so you can jump across the system. (thought about this while working on sandbox)
Personally, I would like the gating stuff to be revised to just trigger an event. The standard stargates could use objGateTo, while intrasystem stargates could use objJumpTo. This would also allow the player to do stuff with stations and whatnot without docking with them.

Actually, I'm kinda surprised the topology doesn't let you add a gate to the same system. I tried it, and nothing crashes, but trying to use the gate just does nothing. Oh well. File this under topology stuff I guess.
FAD
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

I'd like to see an omnidirectional Bolide blaster. Why? To narrow that ever-expansive gap between the omnidirectional laser and the ever-elusive omni turbolaser in early game.
I don't like investing in upgrading a weapon that becomes obsolete after leaving Eridani--it's a waste of money and upgrades. There are far more projectile-type weapons than there are beam weapons in the game, and far more "straight shooters" than there are "omni shooters." Having an omnidirectional Bolide blaster would not off-balance the game at all, and would allow players such as I who prefer beam over projectile as the primary weapon, a little more vanilla options while trying to reach St K's, where one might be able to find an omni turbolaser.
Atarlost
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

FAD wrote:I'd like to see an omnidirectional Bolide blaster. Why? To narrow that ever-expansive gap between the omnidirectional laser and the ever-elusive omni turbolaser in early game.
I don't like investing in upgrading a weapon that becomes obsolete after leaving Eridani--it's a waste of money and upgrades. There are far more projectile-type weapons than there are beam weapons in the game, and far more "straight shooters" than there are "omni shooters." Having an omnidirectional Bolide blaster would not off-balance the game at all, and would allow players such as I who prefer beam over projectile as the primary weapon, a little more vanilla options while trying to reach St K's, where one might be able to find an omni turbolaser.
The bolide is out of production. It's just not enough better than a normal laser to justify the price when there are turbolasers on the market. Since there's no new production there's nothing to omnify.

Omni versions of the standard (or light) and heavy recoilless would fill the gap better. Omni versions of the slam cannons would fill the other omni gap (because of resistance issues there are no good ammoless omnis between the RK-15 or omni-turbo and the omni-ion or lightning turret).
Literally is the new Figuratively
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Location: Hmm... I'm confused. Anybody have a starmap to the Core?

Personally, I would like the gating stuff to be revised to just trigger an event. The standard stargates could use objGateTo, while intrasystem stargates could use objJumpTo. This would also allow the player to do stuff with stations and whatnot without docking with them.
One hack I thought of a while ago was to make the intra-system gates look different and make the player dock to them and use a dockscreen command to invoke the objJumpTo event. (I think that the whole "press G to gate" thing is hardcoded to the game) I haven't tested this, but that would be how I would do it when I start dabbling in Sandbox topo :D
Tutorial List on the Wiki and Installing Mods
Get on Discord for mod help and general chat
Der Tod ist der zeitlose Frieden und das leben ist der Krieg
Wir müssen wissen — wir werden wissen!
I don't want any sort of copyright on my Transcendence mods. Feel free to take/modify whatever you want.
FAD
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Atarlost wrote:The bolide is out of production. It's just not enough better than a normal laser to justify the price when there are turbolasers on the market. Since there's no new production there's nothing to omnify.

Omni versions of the standard (or light) and heavy recoilless would fill the gap better. Omni versions of the slam cannons would fill the other omni gap (because of resistance issues there are no good ammoless omnis between the RK-15 or omni-turbo and the omni-ion or lightning turret).
Right, and I am aware of the Bolide being obsoleted by the Turbolaser, but there are still Bolides on the market and even some AI ships still use them (some are even set at omni in code).
Guess I should have been more spacific in asking for an omni-Bolide, to where it as well having stated that it was soon obsoleted by the omni turbolaser....but is still obtainable via after market, just as the standard Bolide currently is. You are aware that the turbolaser also obsoleted the standard laser, right? It's not stated as such, however.
The Bolide does hit harder than a standard laser and not as hard as a Turbolaser...that's the gap I spoke of previously where early beam weapons are concerned. We have an omni laser and an omni turbolaser, and I have yet to ever find any omni turbolaser before reaching Rigel. Here's where an omni Bolide may suffice, giving it some laser upgrades and a collimator (sp?) until an omni turbolaser can be found.
I agree with you on the lack of having omnified projectile weapons that is creating yet another gap. However, as I also stated previously, I prefer beam over projectile as my primary...it would be sweet to have more options for omnified, ammoless projectile weapons as a secondary.
Atarlost
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

FAD wrote:
Atarlost wrote:The bolide is out of production. It's just not enough better than a normal laser to justify the price when there are turbolasers on the market. Since there's no new production there's nothing to omnify.

Right, and I am aware of the Bolide being obsoleted by the Turbolaser, but there are still Bolides on the market and even some AI ships still use them (some are even set at omni in code).
Guess I should have been more spacific in asking for an omni-Bolide, to where it as well having stated that it was soon obsoleted by the omni turbolaser....but is still obtainable via after market, just as the standard Bolide currently is. You are aware that the turbolaser also obsoleted the standard laser, right? It's not stated as such, however.
The Bolide does hit harder than a standard laser and not as hard as a Turbolaser...that's the gap I spoke of previously where early beam weapons are concerned. We have an omni laser and an omni turbolaser, and I have yet to ever find any omni turbolaser before reaching Rigel. Here's where an omni Bolide may suffice, giving it some laser upgrades and a collimator (sp?) until an omni turbolaser can be found.
I agree with you on the lack of having omnified projectile weapons that is creating yet another gap. However, as I also stated previously, I prefer beam over projectile as my primary...it would be sweet to have more options for omnified, ammoless projectile weapons as a secondary.
The bolide isn't available aftermarket. It's not on the market at all. Essentially it has become a Himal only weapon apart from appearing on some old freighters and Syrtis War relic gunships.

Code: Select all

attributes=			"EI; EnergyWeapon; MajorItem; NotForSale;"
The only simple weapons on the market with power in between the laser and the turbolaser are the recoilless cannons.

If you're using an omni there's not a lot of difference between beams and projectiles at short range, and all lasers and kinetics are pretty much short range.
Literally is the new Figuratively
FAD
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Atarlost wrote:The bolide isn't available aftermarket. It's not on the market at all. Essentially it has become a Himal only weapon apart from appearing on some old freighters and Syrtis War relic gunships.

The only simple weapons on the market with power in between the laser and the turbolaser are the recoilless cannons.

If you're using an omni there's not a lot of difference between beams and projectiles at short range, and all lasers and kinetics are pretty much short range.
Begads, you're right! "NotForSale". Well that bytes... I suppose George wanted to keep them Himal only. Now that just changes my tune completely...
So, I'd like to see some Himal ships use omni Bolides...for the sake of finding a good one in loot! :lol:

I'm still not sold on projectile weapons, save for the howitzers and launchers.
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

FAD wrote:
Atarlost wrote:The bolide isn't available aftermarket. It's not on the market at all. Essentially it has become a Himal only weapon apart from appearing on some old freighters and Syrtis War relic gunships.

Begads, you're right! "NotForSale". Well that bytes... I suppose George wanted to keep them Himal only. Now that just changes my tune completely...
So, I'd like to see some Himal ships use omni Bolides...for the sake of finding a good one in loot! :lol:

I'm still not sold on projectile weapons, save for the howitzers and launchers.
as for the game itself: I believe that weapons used on hostile ships should not be omni if they are not now:
the reson is because the regular players are not flying our ships with our experiences of hundreds of games.
As for the Omni Bolide / slam cannon......
MY Bad....I created them already : they are in the extension I pulled for re-write ( sorry ) but if you thought the Ronin could blast away with a Bolide really good..an omni one would make them the things to fear :) but I kept the weapons away from the hostiles, regular players can not tolerate our hard hitting fun just yet :)

And an update: I pulled the financing missions : i got everything to work except taking a particular item off the playership :
in theory the codes work....for some reason they do not want to work for me.
So I will change tracks: there are more then one way to survive the Ventari, so I can find another way to get the idea to continue.
Flying Irresponsibly In Eridani......

I don't like to kill pirates in cold blood ..I do it.. but I don't like it..
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

More things on my wishlist:

* AI that can pilot ships with more than 40 facings (up to 180 facings).

* New Sustain/Defend effects that surround any arbitrary ship, similar to radiation or EMP effects. The current Domina bubbles do not fit ships bigger than a 96x96 sprite.

* All playerships begin with a 25MW reactor. Nova-25 becomes deprecated.
Download and Play in 1.9 beta 1...
Drake Technologies (Alpha): More hardware for combat in parts 1 and 2!
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!
Playership Drones: Buy or restore exotic ships to command!

Other playable mods from 1.8 and 1.7, waiting to be updated...
Godmode v3 (WIP): Dev/cheat tool compatible with D&O parts 1 or 2.
erik dela cruz
Militia Captain
Militia Captain
Location: Patrolling Scarborough Shoal and the Spratlys Islands (West Philippine Sea)

Hey PM I wrote down a few and I hope George and the others like it:

1. Smartcannon rounds are un-resell-able so I wish the Tnkerers can make something good out of it.
2. I wish there are Iocrym friends in the Heretic.
3. I wish we can have additional missions for the the BM and also the Pirates or Maurauders like protection money collection.
4. Include Akan rounds in 1.
5. Can we get info on Ares military hierarchy describing the ranks of their pilots in each of their ships. I have something in mind but need em to help me form-up ideas to fruition.

Thats all for now folks. Thanks.:)
.....cry without weeping......
.....talk without speaking......
.....scream without raising your voice......