Size of Dockscreens

Post ideas & suggestions you have pertaining to the game here.
Burzmali
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

George,

Is there any way to adjust the locations of the text and actions in the Dockscreens? I often find myself having to cram text into the top instead of being to move the actions down a few inches to compensate. In addition, can you add a status pane to the screen? Something that could show the player's credits, available cargo space and any other information, such as totals in my 10 Card game? Another game that has a similiar feel to Transcendence, that I have played recently, is Space Rangers 2. And while SR2 is turn-based and has a different focus, one aspect that I found interesting was the "Text Missions". These missions played like the old infocom games, and since they were optional, they added a little extra spice to the game without forcing the player to participate.

edit: spelling
Last edited by Burzmali on Mon Dec 11, 2006 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
george moromisato
Developer
Developer

There is currently no way to do this, but I will look into adding that for the next version. Good suggestion.

I really do like the idea of the gambling games that you all are creating.
Burzmali
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

That would be very helpful. I've been working on a mod that has a single station with 4 dockscreens each with a dozen panes or more. Most of them are fine, but it is a little tricky trying to convey epic space opera when you are limited to 100 words at a crack ;)

On the topic of gambling games inside of other games, usually I don't waste my CR, $ or whatever, as, like the real thing, they are always in the house's favor. However, gambling games are one of the best ways to learn to make interactive programs in a new programming language as they have simple rules, a limited number of options and little to no AI required.