Transcendence Lite?

Post ideas & suggestions you have pertaining to the game here.
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Location: Hmm... I'm confused. Anybody have a starmap to the Core?

Having completed my impossible permadeath run, I was just wondering that the amount of time needed to complete Transcendence might be a hindrance. It takes me around 24 hours to complete a game (Vanilla or non-Vanilla) and that amount of free time just isn't in the schedules of some players.

I was wondering if we could make a Transcendence Lite by adding other canon starts- like St. Kat's start, Outer Realm start, etc. This would shorten the time needed to play the game and get players initiated with the many facets of Trans (Teratons, Sung, Dwarg, etc). I know at least one person who hasn't made it to St. Katherine's star yet, and there have undoubtedly been many others who have started yet haven't reached that important milestone. If we add other starts it would also be a neat way to start off as other factions, and maybe provide a different perspective on the Transcendence universe (and not the CW-biased one).
Tutorial List on the Wiki and Installing Mods
Get on Discord for mod help and general chat
Der Tod ist der zeitlose Frieden und das leben ist der Krieg
Wir müssen wissen — wir werden wissen!
I don't want any sort of copyright on my Transcendence mods. Feel free to take/modify whatever you want.
Drako Slyith
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer
Location: Researching how to make St. Kats star go supernova.

I think you'd have to limit higher tech levels. In the Network there is a branch where it increases the system level every 1-2 systems. The result is that you're always underpowered, and you have to spend hours in a system to milk it of all it has, just to survive in the next system.
That said, it would be cool to have a game that only has 8-10 systems, but goes through everything. I just worry that you won't be able to have all the vanilla levels stacked in such a small space.
Play in over 100 systems in a network. Play the 2011 Mod Of the Year
and the highest rated mod on Xelerus, The Network.
Play the July Mod of the Month, Fellow Pilgrims!
Play My other mods as well
(Drako Slyith)* I am a person
(Eliza chatbot)> Do you believe it is normal to be a person?
alterecco
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

I proposed an advanced start some time ago, and TheLastBrunnenG modded it. I am not sure if it has been playtested enough though. http://xelerus.de/index.php?s=mod&id=684
Get your own Galactic Omni Device
Get it now. It's free!!
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Location: Hmm... I'm confused. Anybody have a starmap to the Core?

Nice alterecco! Now to get it in canon....
Tutorial List on the Wiki and Installing Mods
Get on Discord for mod help and general chat
Der Tod ist der zeitlose Frieden und das leben ist der Krieg
Wir müssen wissen — wir werden wissen!
I don't want any sort of copyright on my Transcendence mods. Feel free to take/modify whatever you want.
christian
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

my game folder has 1.3Gb :twisted: (extensions + 0.99c + 1.01 + 1.6 + 1.7a)
This what I call lite!
onyhow
Miner
Miner

Not a bad idea (Frozen Depths already did this, and it's not too bad), since it did took me around 24 hours per clear (though quite a bit of time is spent with recharging reactors with solar panel...high grade reactor took long as hell to recharge...)...

I think either St. Kat or Sanctuary are good points for starting...but make sure that while you'll get headstart equipment, it shouldn't be better than for those who played from the start...a bit worse is ok, but not to the level that making the next few systems unsurvivable...