What do YOU want for 1.09?

Post ideas & suggestions you have pertaining to the game here.
erik dela cruz
Militia Captain
Militia Captain
Location: Patrolling Scarborough Shoal and the Spratlys Islands (West Philippine Sea)

....and I just remembered something. Can we have another/other Eridani-like system/s? It is said that Starton is a backwater colony but it seemed unique to all the others besides St. Kats. :idea:
.....cry without weeping......
.....talk without speaking......
.....scream without raising your voice......
FourFire
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Yes! I too want more feeling of "civilization"
There should be key industry systems, farming systems and so on (where to all the freighters and ship hulls get produced?)
Where are all of the weapons actually manufactured?
where are the millions (tens of stations) of workers which slave by the day to give the corporate capitalists their Hogei salmon?

I'd like to see more of an active and fleshed out world, not just having enemies sitting around waiting for some hotblooded pilgrim to shoot down/be shot down by. (I feel a lot like the entire world is just set for the purpose of me while playing, and this though fun, can sometimes be strangely boring)
Last edited by FourFire on Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
(func(Admin Response)= true){
if(admin func(amiable) = true)
Create func(Helpful Posts)
else func(Keep Calm and Post derisive topics)}
WillyTheSquid
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

I for one REALLY like the New Manhattan system in The Network. Lots of Corp enclaves & industrial centers, Rasiermesser/Bushido/Makayev dealers and Tempus Labs/Black Markets. A system where the Commonwealth is a secondary player. It should be in vanilla. :P

“Normal people believe that if it ain't broke, don't fix it. (Modders) believe that if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet.” -Scott Adams

Resident mod-cobbler-together, freakspawn-fixer-upper & musical eclectro-ecumenologist.
If you love something, tweak it and twist it. Keep bending it until it breaks. Rip it apart, remix it, rebuild it. Kill your darlings and stitch them together again.

JOIN US ON IRC. IT KICKS ASS. JOIN THE HIVE MIND.
Place cursor on link. Click link. Never look back.
Atarlost
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

erik dela cruz wrote:I was playing 1.08l with WE5 & NW Devices in my Brittania when I remembered George's idea of a hacking practice in Point Juno ( I recall it was int the Hacking the Iocrym AI thread) and I said why the hell not? In WE5 even if Point Juno was heavily defended by Aquilas and defense turrets it still fell(what station wouldn't if Phoboses attack). Ergo, no Europa pass.
It's possible. The presence of the Phoboses in the fleets extend the time from their announcement to their arrival. The randomized Ares weapons actually made it impossible to beat without a jumpdrive, mine field, or implausibly large auton field before I added them. The movement AI should make them a cross between a pinata and a "you must have this much DPS to pass" sign, but the DPS required should be available unless you're playing a no-buy challenge. I suppose it may also require a drive upgrade on the freighter, but I'm pretty sure I tested the timing with a Sapphire. It's harder than in vanilla, but it's no Charon Korolov battle unless the recent AI upgrade has broken things.

Try using Domina powers if you want the Lamplighter, though you won't really need it.
Literally is the new Figuratively
Autohummer
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

I would like the following:

1) Support for backward movement, that is, reverse thrust.

2) Support for ship spite animations.

3) Support for turret graphics for battleships.

4) A system editor that allows us to script and preview custom scripted systems easily.

5) AI upgrades to make them capable of stopping and firing (For the ground battle mod, obviously :))

I know these are difficult and may only be possible in the very long run, but still I would like to make these requests now.
Has resurfaced!
Cirevam
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

I'd like to see some better station rolls for St. K's. Twice now in 1.08L there have been 8-12 CW residential stations around the Arcology, 2-4 Corp Enclaves, and once there was an auton dealer. No useful stations :(
NIGHTHAWK620
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

To start our journey to the core at least past Heretic system. Make story or conflict in next system to start the journey to the core. Battle the Iocrym in their space and loot their stuff. Maybe ...... find a temple in that system which will start the trip to the core?
NH620
Watch TV, Do Nothing
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

• Ranx dreadnought gets a short-range attack
  • Tharsis plate nerfed slightly
  • Penitent sanctum gets wave explosion on death again
  • Centauri-occupied commonwealth station gets small civilian station sprite instead of armor dealer sprite, and sometimes spawns heavy raiders
  • Sapiens get unique station sprites
  • Some cargo container encounters (pirates, solvent) stop appearing above a certain level. Replace solvent encounter with something less avoidable
  • Discrete inventory screen for low-mass items like ROMs, upgrades, heisenmachines cubes, gems, etc.
  • Exclude items that can't currently be used from the "Use" screen or move them to the end / another row. (e.g. sung armor if none is equipped, Heisenmachines cubes if none is installed.) Alternately, have separate use screens for combat and non-combat items.
  • More differentiation of low-level enemies; maybe have some get weak blast/particle weapons?
  • Dual Particle Beam should cost more than the weaker Shuriken
  • One more Rasiermesser missile flavor. EMP? Basebuster? Weak, short-lived ICX auton?
  • More Tinker functionality
  • More Heisenmachines functionality
  • Superconducting coils sold at armor dealers
  • Afterburners
  • Make NAMI mines useful
  • Some kind of compelling reason to not attack and kill Salvager Nomads
  • Scripted enemies shouldn't flee as readily (e.g. Chasm attack on CSC) and should defend themselves if attacked (e.g. Cometfall attack on Point Juno)
  • Luminous Plasma and Positron shields. Player mounting a Luminous shield can se it to cycle between phases.
  • Fleeing enemies return to base or gate out if sufficiently damaged. Missile enemies have fewer missiles but fire them faster and return to base when they run out.
  • Capital ships perform hit-and-runs on armed stations rather than dueling them to the death. Slow enemies like Gaians avoid stations altogether.
  • Marauder raid platforms actually engage in raids; Vikings and Corsairs destroy station defenders, dock with civilian stations and steal items which they take back to the platform.
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

THAT was a nice list:
Centauri Raiders that actually raid. ( as with the platform idea above )
and while we are at it :

Defending ships that can return to a live / friendly station should repair and reload ( esp. the molotok )

Traffic ships that take damage should repair/ reload at friendly or destination stations : If they are Radioactive they already Decon at a station on Docking if that station provides it, so they should do the repair and reload thing as well, just makes more sense i think..

------------------------------------------- Not Important -----------------------------------
I also want to vote for the Centauri Command Ship returning : I think it got a Raw Deal because its not it's fault it did not fit the new profile, it should just be re-purposed like a ...Naval target..mission ship, say a version of the Carlos mission for a low level?
Flying Irresponsibly In Eridani......

I don't like to kill pirates in cold blood ..I do it.. but I don't like it..
CYRUS KGABO
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

The military nd militia ships should be seen often patroling the system nd attackin any enemy ships they find nd nt chill around their station doin nothng.
erik dela cruz
Militia Captain
Militia Captain
Location: Patrolling Scarborough Shoal and the Spratlys Islands (West Philippine Sea)

Atarlost wrote:
erik dela cruz wrote:I was playing 1.08l with WE5 & NW Devices in my Brittania when I remembered George's idea of a hacking practice in Point Juno ( I recall it was int the Hacking the Iocrym AI thread) and I said why the hell not? In WE5 even if Point Juno was heavily defended by Aquilas and defense turrets it still fell(what station wouldn't if Phoboses attack). Ergo, no Europa pass.
It's possible. The presence of the Phoboses in the fleets extend the time from their announcement to their arrival. The randomized Ares weapons actually made it impossible to beat without a jumpdrive, mine field, or implausibly large auton field before I added them. The movement AI should make them a cross between a pinata and a "you must have this much DPS to pass" sign, but the DPS required should be available unless you're playing a no-buy challenge. I suppose it may also require a drive upgrade on the freighter, but I'm pretty sure I tested the timing with a Sapphire. It's harder than in vanilla, but it's no Charon Korolov battle unless the recent AI upgrade has broken things.

Try using Domina powers if you want the Lamplighter, though you won't really need it.
I don't really need the Lamplighter, just the heavy & expensive weapons inside the vault. Hacking the vault would be a real challenge w/or w/o a Heisen CPU. So George let's hack more in 1.09! Please? :D

(btw Atarlost how normal is Normal mode in WE5? I have no clue how to earn 770k rins to buy the new IM98 even in normal mode (even the IM72). The pricing is much too steep in the Teratons, Ringers & Taikon (unlike the CW or even in Adventures prices seemed pretty normal).)
erik dela cruz
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Hey I got another one. A very simple request....make longzu spheres insoluble to industrial solvents in those 'amn crates? Please? :(
Dedalo
Miner
Miner

Here are some ideas:
- Greater variety in the reactors (capacity fuel (cheapest) Vs fuel efficiency (more expensive) ).
- More illegal items (weapons, Autons, devices, fuels, enhancements, ...).
- Virtual black market and military IDs.
- Ship wreck's recycling for the player's ship.
- More solar panels.
- Military autons.
- Some device or enhancement to improve the shields regeneration rate. :P
- More special armor's (photo repair, photo recharge, stealth, reflective, ...).
- Some expensive (one use) item's to instantly recharge (some hp) to any shield. :P
- Some more kind of weapons damage (not for now!)
- Make the mining activity become more attractive (I have no clue on how ...)
- The Sol system :roll:
- Linked fire weapons or upgrades
- And what about some space weather ? (solar storms, meteor storms, ... ) :P
- Some more ships to some factions ( those with little variety)
- Some use for damaged devices for the later game or some repair kits for devices.
- Some more unique (not random) devices throughout the game.
- Some reward to return the Korolov shipping container's to the Korolov shipping.
- Make freighters carry something.
- (...)

Note: some ideas have been already mentioned
Physics hurts! Especially when she's in a bad mood.
aresdestroyer
Anarchist
Anarchist

Something I'll like to call 'Gang Wars' :wink:

What it means is that adding another illegal clan or group or whatever akin to the black market people. You can stay loyal to one of them and the people will always get into a fight and if you're promoted enough then you can also go all guns blazing against the enemy. For eg: gang wars between red dragons and black market sindikats. Hence if a station is destroyed you can also get nice loot.
Deltax
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

I 1+ the space weather idea, in another roguelike game called faster then light going into a electrical/plasma storm would result in your reactor loosing a large amount of power as well as knocking out your sensors which trans nebula's already do, perhaps in transcendence going into these "storms" would make all installed weapons have a 25% chance of failing, or drain your fuel at an accelerated pace?