Suggestion: Weapon Range

Post ideas & suggestions you have pertaining to the game here.
palmiche
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Please add the weapon range in the weapon description. When buying a weapon it's useful to know its range because the XTC876500 SUPERCANNON (level XXXX, 9999 damage, unstoppable, range 2) it's not a useful in most cases because of it's limited range. But when I come to it the very first time I don't know this and spend ALL my cash removing a device and installing the cannon (hey, it's a level XXXX with 9999 damage and unstoppable!!!!) only to find that I have just became an easy pray because of the weapon's limited range and all I can say is: You never know, all that money spent for nothing, even whit the weapons awsome power. Of course you can self-destruct and load and you know, but this is an option.

Please let me know your feelings about this.
the_holy_thom
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Most (if not all) weapons have a variable called lifetime. I believe this is in lightseconds (one real life seconds is 50 in game light seconds). Increase this variable and you change the weapon's range.
Need a mod? Transcendence Mods
palmiche
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

I'm not making a mod. Is just when you go to a Commonwealth Station and look a the weapons listed for sale you see the weapons name, the damage type and range, and so; but you can't find the weapon's range, and different weapons have different ranges. I was happy a lot whe finally came to an ion flame cannon but soon realized tha the effectiveness of the weapons is limited by it's range. I repeat: you cant have it all. But you need to know before you buy, thats critical for success.
SparcMan
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Well, while that's something that maybe the Rowena ROMs of a certain level should fill in, part of the concept of this game is learning stuff by trial and error. If you find out that something doesn't work the hard way (just like you often do in real life) then you'll learn your lesson and know better the next time (if you lived through your mistake :D )
palmiche
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Rowena's don't solve the problem, I've already tryed. And my concept of learning by "trial and error" is more like buying a level XXXX lightning weapon with a dream of using it to conquer de galaxy and realize by the facts that in the next star system my weapon is ineffective against the level I shield of the BungaBunga drones because the BungaBunga had the nasty (for me) idea of creating level I shield with lightning reflection. We all know weapons (with a few exceptions) are more effective at close to medium range, and what I would like to know for a given weapon is what "medium range" actually means in terms of how far travels the yellow dot in my top-right-corner map, and all that without having to spend all my money or my rins.

The point is: I already have damage info (type and amount), level, name, description; then adding the weapons effective range to the info doesn't even have to be a topic of discussion.
Dosgamer

You're just making up these examples, right?
'Cause if you found systems and tech & such past Heretic, I'm going to feel
like a total idiot.
palmiche
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Dosgamer wrote:You're just making up these examples, right?
'Cause if you found systems and tech & such past Heretic, I'm going to feel
like a total idiot.
:D Do you mean the BungaBunga drones? :D
Vasdema
Miner
Miner

... and Palmiche didn't even mention the Whe'defukawi and their Scintilliating Spiral cannons.

:D
Yugi
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

...or the Ninkwafa Dictatorship, along with their ThunderShields and Samahoro Cannons.
palmiche
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Thanks Yugi and Vas, I forgot those!!! :D :D :D
Yugi
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

palmiche wrote:Thanks Yugi and Vas, I forgot those!!! :D :D :D
No you didn't. You didn't know about them in the first place. My Motoko (my avatar) can see through your lies!