Heretic defense systems

Post ideas & suggestions you have pertaining to the game here.

I have one grip with armor only, long range blasting, but otherwize its a great idea (perhaps the Iocrym armor is like meteorsteel). Long range blasting could be solved by a strange device that takes out weapons coming from say visual range + 10 or more. So the revised Iocrym would look like so:

Iocrym armor.
Quantomshpere non-disentigrator.
disentigrator cannon(acts like omni).
whatever its front gun is.
ICX distracting omni.
hypergliph rod.

missing anything?
the_holy_thom
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

It has an armour patcher too at the moment
Need a mod? Transcendence Mods
OddBob
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

I have one gripe with armor only, long range blasting,
The tracking weapon IS a long range weapon. It's shots accelerate, meaning the father out you are, the harder they get to dodge/shoot down. I know it's almost impossible for the ICX to miss, but the QD shots are very large. Reduce them in size a bit and you have a very good reason to get in close where the shots are slower.

sorry, I meant on part of the player
OddBob
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

sorry, I meant on part of the player
Assuming you're talking to me and are the "guest" I responded to:

What on the part of the player? The device? By the way, that device would make the player INVINCIBLE because often enemies won't deign to chase you and almost all weapons reach far enough that the player could just shoot everything from long range and not worry about return fire. Also, Ranx, Ventari, Tundras are no longer a threat at all.

I'm not exactly sure what the problem is now. Long range bombardment by the Iocrym is a problem? How? That's the point. It should bombard you.

guess, I'm not very good at explaining my point.

I was suggesting a device for the Iocrym to defend against long-range bombardment by the player. I usually have to take on Hurin Destroyers from longer-than-visual range because they are too powerfull close up. I do not want this tactic of the player to be used against the Iocrym because then the Iocrym would be much, much, much too easy. Long-range bombardment by the Iocrym is very good.
Dosgamer

Guess what? That stupid ICX defense turret is NOT NEEDED!

Just use an Iocrym Veil +30% HP, the ubiquitous Qianlong archcannon +25%, Red Strelka missiles, a transpace jumpdrive, and an inertial drive. Stay behind the ship, invoke Domina's "Strengthen" power to enhance all weapons by 100% (giving you a QA +125% :twisted: :shock: and your missiles double strength). This way, you can't be hit by the powerfull foward weaponry!

As for the gate -- HOW DO YOU GO THROUGH IT?!? It doesn't work!
I grabbed the alien black rod thingamabob, even tried using/installing it, but it just doesn't work! HELP ME HERE PLEASE!

And a suggestion: make the Iocyrm supershield highly vulnerable to lasers -- shield is so advanced, and aliens so old and powerful, THEY'VE FORGOTTEN SUCH ANCIENT TECHNOLOGY EXISITS!! How's that for irony? :wink:
Of course, balance it out with the armor being completly immune to it.
SparcMan
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

You need to dock with the stargate and then you can use the rod to enable it.

The ICX was never "needed". Helpful, but I've finished games without it.

One time, nailed the Iocrym by buying every single auton in the game, and siccing them on the Iocrym all at once.
Of course, balance it out with the armor being completly immune to it.
Then I'd just pack an xray, take down the shields, then switch to the archcannon.
palmiche
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Dosgamer wrote:THEY'VE FORGOTTEN SUCH ANCIENT TECHNOLOGY EXISITS!!
As an irony is quite good, but the idea of a shield capable of reducing nuclear blasts and concentrated energy (particle, ion, positron) beams to nothing but just a little (more) power draw from the reactor is very unlikely to let a simple laser ray to go any farther. :wink: