Transcendence for mobile multiplayer

Post ideas & suggestions you have pertaining to the game here.
NaroHack
Anarchist
Anarchist

Hello Transcendence Community, i love mmo mobile games and also like transcendence. For example the mmo lordmancer can be played online on computer and a wide range of mobile phones, it works on my nokia asha 202. So i thought why can't transcendence be the same it would be so cool.Transcendence Multiplayer everywhere you go, pvp's, epic quests, exploring the dangerous outskirts all on your mobile. If im asking too much, please at least make it a mobile game jar or jad format, immediate response will be very much appreciated. Oh and thanks George for creating this game i hope you like my idea. 8-) :P :o
NaroHack Commander
digdug
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Dear NaroHack,
welcome to transcendence forums.

Transcendence is a single player game, and doesn't have any multiplayer feature.

Lordmancer is a free MMORPG for cell phones and so the player session resides on the MMORPG server.
Transcendence is a space roguelike game, with the savegame residing on your harddisk.

What are you asking is a bit far fetched.

Let's analyse the various points of your post:
- play Transcendence on mobile devices.
It has been asked in the past. Today Transcendence source code has been released to the public. I suppose that a clever programmer could make a port to mobile devices, however the programmer must design a novel interface system for the game as mobiles (normally) don't have enough buttons to play Transcendence. Consequently, the port would probably play in a very different way.
-JAR
Transcendence is not written in JAVA, so I suppose that a JAR port would require a rewrite (!) or the writing of a java wrapper for the game engine. Both looks like complicated projects that cannot be done in a short time.

We do love your idea, as a mobile (or Mac or Linux or "insert other handheld here") version is something that many people would like to see. Unfortunately, it is also something that can't be done easily.
NaroHack
Anarchist
Anarchist

Yea its cool i understand. I was searching on google the other day on how to play 2d pc games on a java phone apparently there seems to be no software so far but vice versa there(play java mobile on pc). Anyway ill keep searching and learn a bit of programming to try and at least make transcendence for mobile then ill post it here, hope ill do it soon thanks digdug and cool mods on Xelerus. Oh what software does Psycholis used to make those ship graphics and how to i use them in the game, when i replace the mask and the other image, the ship appears black and in its normal mask.
NaroHack Commander