Suggestion: System Map zoom

Post ideas & suggestions you have pertaining to the game here.
palmiche
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Please consider adding Map Navigation and ZoomIn functions to the System Map because many times the names of stations and stargates overlap and is difficult to read them. The Map Navigation is to be able to see hole system without moving the ship. As the map is already zoomed (out) the only thing to change ins the size of the viewport the the distance between the objects, nothing more. I hope this don't take too much work!!!!
Revolver
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

I don' think that there needs to be a zoom, and rarely do the names obscure each other...I think if ther was a way to space out the labels for the various locations then the problem would be solved.
palmiche
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Revolver wrote:I think if ther was a way to space out the labels for the various locations then the problem would be solved
I agree, but what if in the expansion process of the game the star systems get bigger and more dense. The zooming and navigations control will be needed sooner or later. If the game tends to be more realistic you'll find stars with very high planet density and so... even start systems of two or more stars. The Sol system has 10 planets (AFAIK) and the Sol is a medium size star. Systems with bigger star may have even more planets and in the space society you don't go to the next star system until you have fully colonized previous, with several stations in every planet/moon/asteroid/etc. Then you simply wont have enought space to place all the label without overlaping: zoom is the solution. And navigation to see a part of the system from which you are far and is out of the screen. Is that simple (the reason!!!).
SparcMan
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Revolver wrote:... rarely do the names obscure each other...
I cant agree with that. It seems to happen quite frequently for me. Often, I have a hard time finding the stargate to the next system because the labels are overlapping. To me, a map zoom would be a nice addition. It does not need to be a "smooth" zoom, just 3 or so zoom levels that you can toggle is enough.
palmiche
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

SparcMan wrote:It does not need to be a "smooth" zoom, just 3 or so zoom levels that you can toggle is enough.
Right!!!! Or even less (a function of density!) if the map navigation is enabled!!!
Ghengis
Miner
Miner

Yeah, my Mules tend to be hard to spot since the text (330 Mule Auton) usually overlaps with the station I leave them at for daycare :lol: