Feature request: autoUpdate="true"

Post ideas & suggestions you have pertaining to the game here.
pixelfck
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Hey George,

can we have an option in the Settings.xml file that reads:

Code: Select all

autoUpdate="true|false"
It should default to 'true' and, when switched to 'false' should disable the automatic update of the game versions.

Why?
Because I have to keep track of the different versions so I can do a three-way compare for the mods.

Cheers,
Pixelfck
Download the Black Market Expansion from Xelerus.de today!
My other mods at xelerus.de
NMS
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

According to this post, <Option name="noAutoUpdate" value="true"/> will work. (I want to make sure I have the old versions because bugs are useful for speedrunning.)
george moromisato
Developer
Developer

NMS wrote:According to this post, <Option name="noAutoUpdate" value="true"/> will work. (I want to make sure I have the old versions because bugs are useful for speedrunning.)
That's correct.

I believe pixelfck suggested writing out all settings to Settings.xml (so players can find them easily). That's a great idea and I will do that for the next release.
pixelfck
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

NMS wrote:According to this post, <Option name="noAutoUpdate" value="true"/> will work. (I want to make sure I have the old versions because bugs are useful for speedrunning.)
Thanks! I didn't know about that one (obviously)

george moromisato wrote: I believe pixelfck suggested writing out all settings to Settings.xml (so players can find them easily). That's a great idea and I will do that for the next release.
Nice to hear that!

Cheers,
Pixelfck
Download the Black Market Expansion from Xelerus.de today!
My other mods at xelerus.de