You wake up somewhere else in an identical body...

Post ideas & suggestions you have pertaining to the game here.
nemuritor
Anarchist
Anarchist

Hi!
Starting from Version 1.2 (if i am not mistaken) i had a big disappointment in this wonderful game otherwise.
"You wake up somewhere else in an identical body..."
^ For me it kills the whole fun in Game.
When i saw today Version 1.3, i said to myself, "there comes the salvation", well, it wasn't.
I play this game for several years now, not all the time but still can't say i played anything else that much like i played Transcendence.
I like it's mechanics and all in it, the exploration is very nice, with random stuff and so on. Its a really great game for Space RPG fans.
In my point of view, i think there should be an 'Options' button, where the player can set all sort of miscellaneous things.
Guys, George Moromisato, i really appreciate your work on this game, but could the Loading a Game after death or a Self-Destruct be like it was in Version 1.0 (Load where you died).
It would be much fun for me to play it again and of course there could be others that can't stand this radical change to the Game.
Thanks for reading and i hope there will be a change i this matter.
"nemuritor"
FourFire
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

A.F.A.I.K. this is to prevent dumb recursive dying for some buggy reason, say kill fields of death from a bad mod combination, and as such is a feature to increase the number of replayable savegames.
(func(Admin Response)= true){
if(admin func(amiable) = true)
Create func(Helpful Posts)
else func(Keep Calm and Post derisive topics)}
george moromisato
Developer
Developer

nemuritor wrote:Hi!
Starting from Version 1.2 (if i am not mistaken) i had a big disappointment in this wonderful game otherwise.
"You wake up somewhere else in an identical body..."
^ For me it kills the whole fun in Game.
When i saw today Version 1.3, i said to myself, "there comes the salvation", well, it wasn't.
I play this game for several years now, not all the time but still can't say i played anything else that much like i played Transcendence.
I like it's mechanics and all in it, the exploration is very nice, with random stuff and so on. Its a really great game for Space RPG fans.
In my point of view, i think there should be an 'Options' button, where the player can set all sort of miscellaneous things.
Guys, George Moromisato, i really appreciate your work on this game, but could the Loading a Game after death or a Self-Destruct be like it was in Version 1.0 (Load where you died).
It would be much fun for me to play it again and of course there could be others that can't stand this radical change to the Game.
Thanks for reading and i hope there will be a change i this matter.
"nemuritor"
I'm happy to add an option, but can you (or someone) describe exactly what you want the option to do? Is it to revert back to 1.1 behavior? Or is it something different?
nemuritor
Anarchist
Anarchist

Hi FourFire, Hi George Moromisato.
Well i like the new features except "You wake up somewhere else in an identical body...", i didn't play the V1.3 too much.
All i want is when i die or when i commit self-destruction to be able to load from the same place i saved.
I like taking chances when fighting against stronger opponent, so if i die and resurrect who knows where the battle is over.
For me this game didn't make me any trouble, no bugs at all can say and i play it for a number or years now.
Finished the game many times without any actual problem.
I am not a programmer to say do this to the game or that but in my opinion, there should be an Option where you could chose between (Load the Game from where you Saved) and (After death "You wake up somewhere else in an identical body...")
Don't know what to say more guys.
Hope there will be any solution to it.
=cheers=
Atarlost
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

I preferred the 1.1 and earlier behavior of just loading the last save. For one thing it made testing easier: you could position yourself to witness a timed event like Charon rather than worry about missing the early stages after the first time, or save in docking range of a station where you wanted to trigger something dockscreen related and not have to keep flying back.
Literally is the new Figuratively
nemuritor
Anarchist
Anarchist

Definitely.
If you Die, you can Load from the same Point where you saved, so you can try to do the thing again and not to fly back to where you been killed.
Even better it would be if we had a Save/Load System with multiple slots, like the rest of Games.
Cause in Transcendence, we have a semi-Checkpoint of some sort, just cause we have only one Slot to Save on.
"I was forced to Save and close the Game, backup the Save file and go back in Game"
"Just think how much time i was wasting instead of playing the Game"
I eagerly await the change in the Game.
FAD
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

I think an 'Options Menu' would solve this, as well as open doors to help with other unforeseen situations in the future.

If we had such an options menu to access at start up, it would help clean up the start page, as certain options already listed there (sound, multiverse..etc) could be moved to the Options Menu. As well, any new aditional options would have a home to go to once they're created, and not clutter up the start page.

As for what's currently being requested, the options menu could list such as 'Resurrect where you were' and 'Resurrect somewhere else' (or Random Resurrection) as options to choose from and set, so that once you need to resurrect, which ever option you chose would be listed in the start page. Although one of them should remain as default until the choice has been set.
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Location: Hmm... I'm confused. Anybody have a starmap to the Core?

In the meantime here's a mod that gets old resurrect back: http://xelerus.de/index.php?s=mod&id=1436
Tutorial List on the Wiki and Installing Mods
Get on Discord for mod help and general chat
Der Tod ist der zeitlose Frieden und das leben ist der Krieg
Wir müssen wissen — wir werden wissen!
I don't want any sort of copyright on my Transcendence mods. Feel free to take/modify whatever you want.
nemuritor
Anarchist
Anarchist

Thanks for the Mod, but can you tell me how this Mod works?
I tried copying the file in multiple locations with and without folder but no use.
It still says "You wake up somewhere else in an identical body..." and it does.
The Mod should include some Instructions on using it, i guess...
Could somebody help me here?
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

This should tell you how to install the mod
http://transcendence.kronosaur.com/wiki ... stall_mods
I don't want any sort of copyright on my Transcendence mods. Feel free to take/modify whatever you want.
nemuritor
Anarchist
Anarchist

I didn't get a thing, but Thanks anyway.
"Noobs, what can you do, they simply exist."
"Not everybody knows everything".
Gonna wait for official Release. :))
But you can still try explaining things, i will listen.
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

In the folder where Transcendence.exe is:
Make a new folder named "Extensions" with capital E
Unzip the downloaded mod from xelerus INTO Extensions
To unzip all you have to do is double click the .zip file you downloaded from xelerus. Then a window should open, and you can drag and drop from the new folder into the Extensions folder
In game, check the box for "Old Resurrect"
That should be about it.
nemuritor
Anarchist
Anarchist

I did all you said, but now where to check/uncheck, cause in game there isn't anything to do so.
Does all this Mod thing require me to get in "Mod Collection" with Internet login and all.
I play it Offline, so can't this Mod's be made to work Offline?
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

BOX: (You need Transcendence 1.3 to get the boxes for mods)
modlist.png
modlist.png (613.01 KiB) Viewed 7735 times
modlist2.png
modlist2.png (581.58 KiB) Viewed 7735 times
Where the mod is supposed to be:
Extensionsfolder.png
Extensionsfolder.png (49.67 KiB) Viewed 7735 times
Extensionsfolder2.png
Extensionsfolder2.png (41.11 KiB) Viewed 7735 times
This is a zip with Trans 1.3 AND Old Resurrect. This should work.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/233 ... %201.3.zip
nemuritor
Anarchist
Anarchist

OK, now i get it.
I placed everything correctly and i have the v1.3.
There was a slight misunderstanding, i didn't know i need to start a new game, so this is why i didn't see any boxes to check, if you understand me.
Well, now i can play in peace, and gonna report if i find any bugs.
Thanks RPC. :)