Debris.... empty ships wrecks ~revisted

Post ideas & suggestions you have pertaining to the game here.
PAWN
Anarchist
Anarchist

Debris.... revisted.

Perhaps a new code to get rid of empty ships wrecks? I remember a mod that get rid of 'em by sending a ship; so i figure if it has been salvage it's empty.... once empty

The next step:
a Timer of 5 min....

also any know the mod that gets rid of the wrecks?...
PKodon
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant
Location: "Minocs. I've got a baaad feeling about this.... This is no cave!"

There are several. My old FalconCV mod (a player ship which is no longer in open distribution) had it, I think there is another mod that adds it to any game.

Ah, yes, this one does it: http://www.xelerus.de/index.php?s=mod&id=1362

No timer, but a Dock Screen selection (that way you can keep a wreck as a loot stash, if you want).

PK
"Don't ask ..., I don't wanna know, and I don't wanna care!" - PK
Meet us on IRC --> Image
"... the hornet battlepod is the closest we have ingame to flying into battle in a wheelbarrow
with a bathtub nailed upside down to the top of it to provide armor."
- The Shrike
AssumedPseudonym
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

I wrote one that does that (AE - Scuttle Shipwrecks). I don’t like the idea of autoscuttling empty wrecks, though, and for a couple of reasons:
» I occasionally use them as convenient loot dumps if it’s a safe place to do so.
» Realistically, there would be no way to know a shipwreck was empty without visiting it, first.
» Finding a string of empty wrecks is frequently a good indication that there’s a salvager nomad in the system.
 I agree that the ability to scuttle ships should be available to the playership (and even briefly argued the point with George yesterday during IRC Day), especially since NPC ships have the capability. I can’t really buy into the notion that NPC ships can scuttle because they have the equipment to do so, since that pretty much means that every random NPC civilian in the Commonwealth (except for the playership) has said equipment. You can’t really implement an autoscuttle algorithm easily, though, since it would be practically impossible to set one up that would work for every play style.

Mod prefixes: 0xA010 (registered) and 0xDCC8 (miscellaneous)

My mods on Xelerus: Click here!

Of all the things I’ve lost in life, I miss my mind the least. (I’m having a lot more fun without it!)
Atarlost
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

AssumedPseudonym wrote: I wrote one that does that (AE - Scuttle Shipwrecks). I don’t like the idea of autoscuttling empty wrecks, though, and for a couple of reasons:
» I occasionally use them as convenient loot dumps if it’s a safe place to do so.
» Realistically, there would be no way to know a shipwreck was empty without visiting it, first.
» Finding a string of empty wrecks is frequently a good indication that there’s a salvager nomad in the system.
 I agree that the ability to scuttle ships should be available to the playership (and even briefly argued the point with George yesterday during IRC Day), especially since NPC ships have the capability. I can’t really buy into the notion that NPC ships can scuttle because they have the equipment to do so, since that pretty much means that every random NPC civilian in the Commonwealth (except for the playership) has said equipment. You can’t really implement an autoscuttle algorithm easily, though, since it would be practically impossible to set one up that would work for every play style.
Pretty much this, but allow me to amplify.

Storing loot in a wreck requires fewer keystrokes than jettisoning a cargo container. (dj instead of svj)

Wrecks, especially large wrecks, act as cover. The value of a wreck as cover depends on its location rather than its contents. A Deimos wreck blocking the fire arcs of a ringer station may be bad, but the same wreck lying near a phobos patrol path can be a useful ambush position. It also depends on what the player is doing. A player packing an ion9 or non-Ares plasma cannon has a lot more use for cover than a player packing a fusionfire or APA.
Literally is the new Figuratively
FourFire
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

RPC's utility items' rotolooter also impliments wreck scuttling, with a selection for: mass of the wreck, whether there are items onboard, whether all items on it are damaged. The range of the scuttling is also 5ls so you have to be in the vicinity of the wreck before it autoscuttles, and you can turn it off whenever.
(func(Admin Response)= true){
if(admin func(amiable) = true)
Create func(Helpful Posts)
else func(Keep Calm and Post derisive topics)}