Outdated Transcendence wiki

Post ideas & suggestions you have pertaining to the game here.
Novak 67
Miner
Miner

Not really related to the game but related to the websites, it is on the Ideas& suggestions topic still,

Well, I think that the wiki webpage design should have a revamp because I think that the colours of the wiki does not really have a futuristic look as I expected years ago when I first got introduced to this game, since it is Sci-fi. Also I also see that the website data is somewhat outdated, because it only have content for only the core game and not with the other expansion packs such as Corporate Command and Eternity port, the new pictures for the armours is not there.

So, therefore I recommend to update the wiki that is up to date and a futuristic look like the menu like the dock screens in current transcendence.

I hope this should help,
Novak 67
Novak 67
Miner
Miner

If you are not bothered of reading all of that above, here is the summary.

It has been quite a while since the wiki has been updated because it does not have all of the current images for the armour, also the content for the expansion packs are just not there, like the weapons, armour, ships and all of the stuff that can only be found in the expansion packs.

The last thing that I will say that I think that the wiki website should have a redesign since because the wiki layout and I design is getting outdated.

I hope this will help,
Novak 67
Ttech
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

No need to bump the thread.
Its a lot of work, we'd be happy to get the content updated but we need people who are dedicated to help update the content. I can look to redesign the site, but its a lot of personal time to spend on and I'd like to see activity first to get it used again.
Novak 67 wrote:If you are not bothered of reading all of that above, here is the summary.

It has been quite a while since the wiki has been updated because it does not have all of the current images for the armour, also the content for the expansion packs are just not there, like the weapons, armour, ships and all of the stuff that can only be found in the expansion packs.

The last thing that I will say that I think that the wiki website should have a redesign since because the wiki layout and I design is getting outdated.

I hope this will help,
Novak 67
JohnBWatson
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

I recall George saying that he'd like to set up a system that updates the wiki(or assists in doing so) when a new version is released. I can certainly see it as feasible to write a program that does that, so it might be worth looking into.
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

JohnBWatson wrote:I recall George saying that he'd like to set up a system that updates the wiki(or assists in doing so) when a new version is released. I can certainly see it as feasible to write a program that does that, so it might be worth looking into.
I think the original idea was to look into using TransData for that: automatically stripping the relevant data out of the game. This is probably beyond us, but we can at least get the data out using transdata.
Mischievous local moderator. She/Her pronouns.
Novak 67
Miner
Miner

No need to bump the thread.
Its a lot of work, we'd be happy to get the content updated but we need people who are dedicated to help update the content. I can look to redesign the site, but its a lot of personal time to spend on and I'd like to see activity first to get it used again.

Oh, ok, I think that he is too busy to do that. But now, I think I will wait until he is not really busy on finishing part 2 or 1.6.