I like this dock port idea

Post ideas & suggestions you have pertaining to the game here.
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

- Make guards that are permanently assigned to a station patrol it rather than staying docked, either all the time or when the number of free docking ports gets too low.

this was presented on http://ministry.kronosaur.com/record.hexm?id=3356

and I was often tempted to try using the very same idea but Guards are tricks to mess with ( something about them suggests a hard code ), I would basically have to over-write the station to control the docked ships behaviors.. and I don't really think it should be that time consuming since I am sure the guards have some behavior hard code the orders could be added to
Flying Irresponsibly In Eridani......

I don't like to kill pirates in cold blood ..I do it.. but I don't like it..
JohnBWatson
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

I agree. If no free docking ports remain, guards should orbit the station instead. Shouldn't be too difficult to program in.
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

JohnBWatson wrote:I agree. If no free docking ports remain, guards should orbit the station instead. Shouldn't be too difficult to program in.
There's a few AI issues with patrolling ships, but it should work out eventually.
Mischievous local moderator. She/Her pronouns.
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

I tried the Patrolling ships - it created a small problem when the station had no guards docked by flooding the area with guards on patrol.

Also, Patrolling ships can break the limits on the EnemyExclusion if stations are close enough, putting them right into a fight.

So it has to be something "More" then simply telling one to patrol ( but telling extra guards to gate could defeat the purpose of a defended station ).

Maybe .. high value targets or pirate attacks cause guards to gate in ... but I have stations that respond to attacks and it's not very good for the CPU when they respond to actual weapon strikes.

Maybe setting the station to call guards if damaged 45% rather then responding to weapon hits.

IF the station does not have a weapon : I think guards are good : but less reliance on guards present and more reliance on calling in guards after being damaged might be a better idea.
Flying Irresponsibly In Eridani......

I don't like to kill pirates in cold blood ..I do it.. but I don't like it..