Manticore Novaya repairer

Post ideas & suggestions you have pertaining to the game here.
Tantarian
Anarchist
Anarchist

I like Manticore alot, I reached Heretic with her (permadeath on my steam game). There are two things that bugs me with this ship -

1. Novaya repairer should regenerate armor segments up to level XII, just like patch spiders do. Right now it only works with X level armour - you are forced to use default novaya armour (with disintegration immunity) if you are planing to take on ICS.

2. meteorite armour and such disable Novaya repairer, in my opinion they shouldn't. Shield and repairer works on different tech. The only common thing they have is the same slot.
gunship256
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Tantarian wrote:1. Novaya repairer should regenerate armor segments up to level XII, just like patch spiders do. Right now it only works with X level armour - you are forced to use default novaya armour (with disintegration immunity) if you are planing to take on ICS.
If I use the repairer, I usually ditch it and go for light Iocrym, neutronium, or heavy Iocrym armor. If you have no shield installed, Domina's Restore power will bring all armor segments to 100%. This is especially effective with neutronium and heavy Iocrym armor; those armors have so many hit points that you can restore all your armor when the weakest segment hits 50%.
Tantarian
Anarchist
Anarchist

If I use the repairer, I usually ditch it and go for light Iocrym, neutronium, or heavy Iocrym armor. If you have no shield installed, Domina's Restore power will bring all armor segments to 100%. This is especially effective with neutronium and heavy Iocrym armor; those armors have so many hit points that you can restore all your armor when the weakest segment hits 50%.
That's why it bugs me. I have to switch to alternative means of repair ( like you mentioned - domina). If I have repairer it should repair armour segments. I wonder if patch spiders are alien tech, if they can repair those segments. :lol:
gunship256
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Tantarian wrote:That's why it bugs me. I have to switch to alternative means of repair ( like you mentioned - domina). If I have repairer it should repair armour segments. I wonder if patch spiders are alien tech, if they can repair those segments. :lol:
They can repair Iocrym armors, but the repair rate is so slow that it doesn't seem worth it. You can create mod versions of the patcher arm that will repair higher-level armors (that's what I've done).
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Patch spiders repair level 11 and 12 armor, at a rate of 1 hp every six seconds. I bring from two to four patch spiders late in the game to repair damage between battles.

What is slow is the +Regen mod from barrels. That repairs only 1 hp every thirty seconds, five times as slow as a patch spider at its slowest.
Download and Play in 1.9 beta 1...
Drake Technologies (Alpha): More hardware for combat in parts 1 and 2!
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!
Playership Drones: Buy or restore exotic ships to command!

Other playable mods from 1.8 and 1.7, waiting to be updated...
Godmode v3 (WIP): Dev/cheat tool compatible with D&O parts 1 or 2.