Skill levels suggestion

Post ideas & suggestions you have pertaining to the game here.
SparcMan
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Just an idea for some future version down the line:
Have a difficulty level slider with three or more difficulty levels. The normal is just like the game is now (but I expect there will be harder foes in future versions). Easy causes omni weapons to do 10% more damage and other weapons to do 25% more damage while you take 10% less damage from enemies. On hard, omni weapons do 25% less damage and other weapons do 10% less damage while enemies do 25% more damage to you. What do you think?
palmiche
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

SparcMan wrote:Just an idea for some future version down the line:
Have a difficulty level slider with three or more difficulty levels. The normal is just like the game is now (but I expect there will be harder foes in future versions). Easy causes omni weapons to do 10% more damage and other weapons to do 25% more damage while you take 10% less damage from enemies. On hard, omni weapons do 25% less damage and other weapons do 10% less damage while enemies do 25% more damage to you. What do you think?
Or just shifting sovereign status (ENEMY, UNFRIENDLY, NEUTRAL, FRIENDY, ALLIED), its probably enought to make the game easier or a lot harder.

I like the idea of different levels. It could add some nice challenges for experienced players (insane mode anyone?) whilst making it easy for new players too
the_holy_thom
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

That was me, sorry. The forum logged me out for some reason.
Need a mod? Transcendence Mods
F50
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

good idea, here are some other ways to balance easy/hard.

These are for harder. easier is opposite

1. Ranx appear later(less akan ammo for the inital ares), Ares appear earlier.
2. harder ships (but not stations) are more likely to appear than easier ships (but not appearing earlier) except for Ranx Dreadnoughts.
3. Ion resist shield crystals are less likely to appear.
4. less likely to find out-of-depth stuff in shops.
5. enemy ships come in larger groups.
6. max_ships for stations increases.
7. chance for multiple random encounters at one time increases (but not more random encouters) eg. a group of Sung comes from one direction then there is a chance than another group of say, Heliotropes, comes from another direction.

Also, a true slider (with easy, hard, normal, and lots of non-descript settings in between) would be nice. If an "insane" level is implemented it should be *quite* different from one setting before.

For insane:

no Fusionfire howitzer, Jotun(don't konw tech level), Nephren X1, whatever weapon that the luminous use, all IX or greater tech except for the QAC and hypergliph rod, are never found undamaged.

I do not believe better stuff should be less found in harder difficulty levels except for insane although the easiest setting could have better stuff found more.