Providing a reason for not removing cargo hold

Post ideas & suggestions you have pertaining to the game here.
osnelson
Anarchist
Anarchist

I had installed a miner's cargo hold, and it served me well for a time. But then I came upon a black market station, and wanted to swap for a smuggler's cargo hold - only to discover that I couldn't!

I couldn't replace it at the black market station:
Can't replace cargo hold.
Can't replace cargo hold.
Black Market.jpg (175.53 KiB) Viewed 4532 times
And I couldn't remove it at the nearby Dry Dock:
Can't remove cargo hold.
Can't remove cargo hold.
Capture.jpg (60.9 KiB) Viewed 4532 times
I was devastated. Was Transcendence angry that I had left it for 2 years, and was punishing me by changing fundamental mechanics of upgrading? I finally realized that I just had too much junk, and that by getting down to the level where I didn't need a cargo hold, I could remove and replace my cargo hold (I didn't think to try a direct replacement).

I think some messages beyond "The device cannot be removed" would be helpful for Dry Docks and other stations that offer removal. Also, if the Black Market Stations can't remove and replace cargo holds and can only put a smuggler's cargo hold in place, that would be helpful.

The new additions to the game are wonderful! Thanks George!
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

This is actually a regression! The old system did tell you why you couldn't remove a cargo hold, but evidently that bit of code got dropped during the move to the new one. Nice catch.
Mischievous local moderator. She/Her pronouns.
catfighter
Militia Commander
Militia Commander
Location: Laughing manically amidst the wreckage of the Iocrym fleet.

Oh, I always thought that was intentional. :shock: I have been mourning the loss...
Behold my avatar, one of the few ships to be drawn out pixel by pixel in the dreaded... Microsoft Paint!

Day 31: "I have successfully completed my time reversal experiment! Muahahaha!!!"
Day 30: "I might have run into a little problem here."
Ferdinand
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Very simple reason why you cannot remove the hold: It is full of stuff, you only have 14 tons cargospace left. You need to empty the hold first before it can be removed.
So, dump your cargo somewhere in a safe place, swap the miners hold for the smugglers hold and reload your stuff.
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Ferdinand wrote:Very simple reason why you cannot remove the hold: It is full of stuff, you only have 14 tons cargospace left. You need to empty the hold first before it can be removed.
So, dump your cargo somewhere in a safe place, swap the miners hold for the smugglers hold and reload your stuff.
Sorta missing the point there. The complaint is that the game doesn't say this in the dockscreen.
Mischievous local moderator. She/Her pronouns.
Ferdinand
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

@Shrike: You're right, I missed part of the text osnelson wrote... :shock:
digdug
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Very simple reason why you cannot remove the hold: It is full of stuff, you only have 14 tons cargospace left.
that's the reason indeed.

we need a ticket for it so that the game will say" your cargo is full" or something like that.