when they run out of Ammo..(Suggestion)

Post ideas & suggestions you have pertaining to the game here.
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

I Always disliked the fact that a ship like the Corporate Cruiser or Molotok would run out of Ammo and just hang around waiting to be killed : or worse, do a Never-Ending Dance with a Ranx whom is also out of Ammo....

In MY games, this does not happen ( anymore ) If they did not make the kill by the time they ran out of Ammo, then it's all good.... My answer to this Problem :

Code: Select all

<Events>

<OnCreate>
				(block Nil
					(sysAddObjRecurringTimerEvent 60 gSource "OnCargo")
					)
			</OnCreate>

<OnCargo>
			(if (and (not (objGetItems gSource "*Um~f")))
			(shpCancelOrders gSource)
							(shpOrder gSource 'gate)
							)

</OnCargo>
			</Events>
If the ship is defending, it is up to the station to call another :
if the Cruiser is Avenging - well, if it didn't make a kill with a Barrage of Gotha Missiles,
you just got to do it yourself.

I Absolutely HATE finding a Wreck of a Corporate Cruiser. It's a Beautiful ship.

I use this code on Ranx, Molotoks, the Cruiser & Manticore : Now it's not a perfect solution :
( But ) Other ships will either get killed:
be killed by me, or dance off the map where I don't care what they are doing
because I can't see them.
Flying Irresponsibly In Eridani......

I don't like to kill pirates in cold blood ..I do it.. but I don't like it..
DigaRW
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Yeah, I also annoyed by this fact. It's should have at least energy/unlimited matter weapon, other option is retreating to nearest station and Reload/Recharge their ammo (but not decreasing trade items in that station) and continue confronting with his target. Or they can call backup (same starship) and retreating to nearby stargate, while their backup replace them and fight their enemies (It will repeat until they destroyed or they win the fight). But remember, this will happen if their main weapon run out ammo or doesn't have any other weapon to fight and their ship is still exist.
Download Transcendence mods from Reinvented Workbench Project!
Click this link!
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

I did look at the Wingman 'repairArmor first to reload the ship, but in some system generations the one Corporate station that takes the hit was the ONLY Friendly....so that wasn't going to work.

Now I am known for very bad ideas : that being said, I have tried interesting variations of different codes

I Kind of play ..Alot ..when it gets the Darkest ( at 21 hours ) and then I stop until it gets the lightest ( 22 hours )

I did look at the Bounty Hunter, I even sent more then one ship, the Ammo check seemed to be the only one that actually held down the loss of ships.

So that is why I suggested it

JohnBWatson
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

I like your solution. For the main game, I think the best way to go about solving this would be to add two fields to ship weapons:

reloadsAmmo - If marked as true, upon running out of ammunition for this weapon the ship will dock at the nearest station of the same faction and set ammo of that type in the cargo hold equal to what the ship spawns with. It will also reload all other weapons with reloadsAmmo set to true when it docks.

gateOnNoReload - If marked as true, the ship using this weapon will gate if there is no ammo left for it and either reloadsAmmo is set to false or there are no stations of the same faction in the system.
gunship256
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

It's striking how many issues there are that NPC's could solve just by choosing to dock with a station to repair or upgrade:

Running out of ammo
Becoming irradiated
Taking armor damage
Taking compartment damage
Device damage

This makes it easy to damage ships, go off somewhere to repair, and come back to finish them off as they helplessly drift around. Weapons with radius effects or device disrupt are particularly good at leaving capital ships helpless.
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

you both present Great ideas, however, as RPC once pointed out:

"There is a very good reason for this :

Code: Select all

<Store>

<Store/>
"

you will need to store data on the ships' activity before you cancel orders to go off and do whatever : IF that ship is to return and continue a fight.

However, you also miss the Hostile or victim ship being included in your proposal because they will either run off or 'Hunt aAttacker : so your ship could very well get pummeled to death while reloading at a station or repairing Armor

As I said, I experimented with the 'repairArmor & variations of it.

I WAS THINKING OF ::
To build a New Launcher for the Corporate Cruiser ( explicit only for the Cruiser & can not be looted ) is an Ammo-less "Launcher" weapon that fires the same type of shots ( using the Missile Images ) .