Each game configurable as screensaver

Post ideas & suggestions you have pertaining to the game here.
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

the .exe for the game could be set as your screen saver, so George doesn't have to keep making new ones, and if the game carries extensions a player likes with custom ships in it, those custom ships would become part of the screen saver.......

not being able to adjust the ships playing in the official screen savers was always a draw back to me ...... I would love to see the Crystal Clear Iocrym dancing around my screen once in awhile, or maybe the latest Ares Comet with custom Nukes ......

Just sayin........
Flying Irresponsibly In Eridani......

I don't like to kill pirates in cold blood ..I do it.. but I don't like it..
DigaRW
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Screen saver...
I like it when it applied to Transcendence, but there is a problem.
The key S, O, P, !, N, and more will not function. Once we press S (the key for ship classification), we then back to desktop.
Download Transcendence mods from Reinvented Workbench Project!
Click this link!
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

a screen saver is for keeping the monitor from having images burned into them ( something Microsoft wants you to forget with their lock screen)

anyway, a screen saver will stop functioning when any key is touched ( or even a mouse ).

but as the game screensaver IS the game anyway, I figure why not let it be playable, added to and enjoyed not simply by leaving the game Intro screen on ..which is fine too since the new screen widens out to fill the monitor.....but..well, I was just sayin ..
The key S, O, P, !, N,
I actually NEVER used those keys on the Intro Screen : did since you posted, it saved me alot of time finding a ship with an issue!!!!! - thanx!!!
( the Issue was the gun positions, I was trying to set guns at the sides on a ship)

TheLoneWolf
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Its against the integrated functionality of a screen saver. And yup, it would be awesome. But you would need to write a custom screen saver functionality, and then load the screen saver. If you are super smart (as in George), you can make a screen saver functionality profile linked to the screen saver, that is like an on/off thingy that loads only with the Trans screen saver.

The point of having screen savers is that they don't tax and heat the system while its resting. Most people are like "My system can handle this stuff". To them:
Let there be a system with 512mb ram (like my test system). Let there be a software eat 400mb of it. You would say that the system is taxed.
Now let there be 8gb ram, and the same software. You would say that the 400mb is nothing.

But realize, the 400mb of ram doesn't matter. Its your monitor thats getting taxed.
What bout 5hr long gaming sessions?
THAT F@ING MONITOR IS MADE TO BE USED! GET THAT SCREENSAVER ASAP!

It was all a jest xD
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

I just thought that it might be cool if the screen savers ( being as it's actually the game anyway) could handle an extension folder to let players see their favorite Mod ( or personal ships ) ships in addition to everything else, as the Intro screen does ...

I will tell you that I was testing a ship named Dead Stop, it was a stolen design of the Antares V by the Ares and as an Ares ship it made the Polar look weak ...just with it's weapons being Ares.

Of course in the end Dead Stop was too over-powered to use the way I thought I wanted it, but it totally cleared the screen when it showed up :)