question : armor

Post ideas & suggestions you have pertaining to the game here.
Czert
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

is here way to remove decaying from armour ?
My English, may be poor, but better than yours Czechs.

Do you chalenge me ? But be nice :-)) http://czert1938.mybrute.com
Betelgeuse
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

You can use regenerating nanos to remove them, but I would save those for a new piece of armor.
Crying is not a proper retort!
Czert
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

working this in case of transuranic plate ? (150 hp)

Dosgamer

Hold a Iocyrm-picking minute -- HOW IN THE WORLD DID YOU MANAGE TO MOUNT TRANSURANIC ARMOR?!? It's HEAVY!

By the way, Iocyrm-armor shouldn't be so heavy.

You are all illogical.
Transcendence 0.96a is futile.
You will be assimulated.
palmiche
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Czert wrote:working this in case of transuranic plate ? (150 hp)
Thats why most of the time we use other types of armor, you can install a couple of patch spiders anyway.
Czert
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

PS consumes valuable device slot, and regenaritg nanos are hard to find. Another types of armors are good way.
I want mail ordering to order regenerating nanos. :wink:

OddBob
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Hold a Iocyrm-picking minute -- HOW IN THE WORLD DID YOU MANAGE TO MOUNT TRANSURANIC ARMOR?!? It's HEAVY!
At a shipyard, in the normal fashion. it's not that heavy.

Note that if you join, you can get a real sig.
Vasdema
Miner
Miner

OddBob's right. Transuranic's only 20 tons.

Even out of the standard ships, the EI500 will mount it. I use it with regen nanos myself.
palmiche
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

I prefer the Diamond Lattice from the Ringers, and a Iocrym Veil (also from the Ringers) with a particle reflection crystal. With that I've only had trouble with the Iocrym CS in Heretic, one ICX and one PS does the rest of the job.
Vasdema
Miner
Miner

Rather than start a new thread, I'll post this here since it matches the subject title.

I was thinking of doing an extension with an extended series of armour weights. Say:

ultralight - for interceptors, battlepods, autons, etc;
light - fits smaller gunships, etc;
regular - fits transports, freighters, larger gunships, etc;
heavy - fits destroyers, missileships, etc; and
ultraheavy - fits cruisers, star carriers and superfreighters.

These are just examples for the moment, but my reasoning behind it is that based on the initial player ships, a vessel should be able to mount a segment weighing at least a tenth of their cargo space and up to a fifth.

At present, a capship may be able to mount 24 armour segments, but what does it matter when you're hitting the same four over and over?

A single transuranic plate gives 150 points of protection whether mounted on an EI500 or a Ranx Dreadnought. Yet a cruiser class ship like the Dreadnought should be able to mount a far heavier piece of transuranic plate.

Of course, this would take quite a bit of number crunching. For instance, in the reverse case, if you wanted ultralight transuranic weighing 2 tons, and simply divided the armour HP by 10 also, you'd get a mere 15 HP.

Discussion anyone?
May Domina embrace and protect thee, and shelter thee from the Eye of Oracus.
palmiche
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Vasdema wrote:Rather than start a new thread, I'll post this here since it matches the subject title.

I was thinking of doing an extension with an extended series of armour weights. Say:

ultralight - for interceptors, battlepods, autons, etc;
light - fits smaller gunships, etc;
regular - fits transports, freighters, larger gunships, etc;
heavy - fits destroyers, missileships, etc; and
ultraheavy - fits cruisers, star carriers and superfreighters.

These are just examples for the moment, but my reasoning behind it is that based on the initial player ships, a vessel should be able to mount a segment weighing at least a tenth of their cargo space and up to a fifth.

At present, a capship may be able to mount 24 armour segments, but what does it matter when you're hitting the same four over and over?

A single transuranic plate gives 150 points of protection whether mounted on an EI500 or a Ranx Dreadnought. Yet a cruiser class ship like the Dreadnought should be able to mount a far heavier piece of transuranic plate.

Of course, this would take quite a bit of number crunching. For instance, in the reverse case, if you wanted ultralight transuranic weighing 2 tons, and simply divided the armour HP by 10 also, you'd get a mere 15 HP.

Discussion anyone?
The idea is great. There is going to be a bit (??) of rewriting but it should do. And please include also the ability to the Tinkers to "Join" similar lighter plates to make a heavier plate and the "make lighter" to convert a single heavier plate into a SINGLE lighter plate.

Also the weight should be limited to ship class, there is no reason for a man wanting his battlepod a bit heavier to be unable to install a heavier plate if hi figures out the way to do it.

Anyway the idea takes a bit of thinking yet because you can't switch ships (yet) in the game and implementing it might introduce more trouble than expected.

Maybe just "make a lighter version of this plate" at the Tinkers should do the job. :roll:
Vasdema
Miner
Miner

There is going to be a bit (??) of rewriting but it should do.
:) Thanks for acknowledging that! But actually, it won't be too bad. I'm in the middle of doing the new sortNames for the armour section of my sorting mod, so I'll have them all together. From there it will be mainly a lot of cut and pasting. The main problem will be checking the new HP values for balance before public distribution. So before I begin this project I'd like to have at least three people sign on for testing and evaluation.
... please include also the ability to the Tinkers to "Join" similar lighter plates to make a heavier plate...
This is a great idea! I've been thinking of doing a Tinker mod for a while to extend the 'custom work' options. I've got to say it's my favourite part of the early-mid game. I'll do that as a separate extension so that people can have an and/or choice with which mod to use. Rather than create an entire new dockscreen action, I may fold it into custom work. At present - if memory serves - you can only join 4? segments of reactive armour together to form advanced reactive. I don't think anybody's going to miss that.
... and the "make lighter" to convert a single heavier plate into a SINGLE lighter plate.
... possibly, but since to utilize this mod fully I'll eventually need to redo many of the later game enemy ships, there will be tons of smaller plates floating around. :twisted:
Also the weight should be limited to ship class, there is no reason for a man wanting his battlepod a bit heavier to be unable to install a heavier plate if hi figures out the way to do it.
Sorry Palmiche, I may be missing your point - are you saying that you want (for example) all ultralight plates to fit all interceptors/battlepods/autons. If so, done deal!

P.S: For reasons of clarity, from now on, I will use the terms:

Weight - to refer to the weight in tons of segments of armour, maxArmor value, etc.

Size - to refer to the different sizes of plate as pertains to which ship classes can fit them.
May Domina embrace and protect thee, and shelter thee from the Eye of Oracus.