The great big balance suggestion thread for Eternity Port!

Post ideas & suggestions you have pertaining to the game here.
JohnBWatson
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

PM wrote:I got the final APD mission two systems before the end. My weapons were Ares positron cannon, Nomad blaster, tritium cannon (better WMD than Nomad blaster), and Takao launcher with a bunch of T-105s. Armor was probably somewhat lower level, and I think my shield was plasma shield generator. Defenses seemed weak enough that Ranx dreadnoughts and some weaker late-game threats were dangerous. My ship was Raijin with enhanced megadrive (for .33c). Enemies were not a problem if I could engage on my own terms (i.e., divide and conquer), which timed missions make more difficult.
That, I can certainly see. I encountered it with a full endgame loadout(level 10 armor, enhanced high level omni and fixed weapons), whereas you encountered it a bit earlier on. I guess that's what happens when missions need to be balanced to an exponential power curve. In any case, it wasn't excessively easy, just easier than I was expecting. The APD campaign as a whole is pretty balanced, aside from some weird issues like the friendly ED lab that we're supposed to destroy, whose guards don't even attack us when we do so.
The system after that had the final APD cruiser, which spawned next to an Ares shipyard with a Phobos and one or two Deimos pre-spawned. The APD cruiser did not have a chance, and it was dead long before I found it. Looted several intact reactors and a level 8 APD howitzer (which I did not need thanks to a shiny new Baihu archcannon).
Huh. I thought that issue only occurred for the ED(which treat the Ares as neutral). Could be that the exclusion radius just needs an increase(I recall suggesting the formula of 1.5 * Max(highest patrol radius + highest guard weapon range, station weapon range)). Was it right on top of the shipyard like some ED cruisers can be, or was it a bit farther away?
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

JohnBWatson wrote:Huh. I thought that issue only occurred for the ED(which treat the Ares as neutral). Could be that the exclusion radius just needs an increase(I recall suggesting the formula of 1.5 * Max(highest patrol radius + highest guard weapon range, station weapon range)). Was it right on top of the shipyard like some ED cruisers can be, or was it a bit farther away?
Probably about range 30 or so away; it was more or less a screen distance away. Close enough that it would get shot at by sentries and attacked by orbiting gunships. The APD cruiser took out a Deimos, but again, no match for a Phobos, another Deimos, and everything else near a shipyard. I did not see the fight itself, just the wrecks. I cannot remember if I saw this before or after I did Lilith's power-up mission with the Dreaming Horde.
Download and Play in 1.9 beta 1...
Drake Technologies (Alpha): More hardware for combat in parts 1 and 2!
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!
Playership Drones: Buy or restore exotic ships to command!

Other playable mods from 1.8 and 1.7, waiting to be updated...
Godmode v3 (WIP): Dev/cheat tool compatible with D&O parts 1 or 2.
gunship256
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

I've played through Eternity Port four times, but I've never received the mission to destroy that friendly station, although I have hacked it in order to take the stack of level 10 weapons inside. I've also never retired, although I've heard that's how the game is supposed to end.

I always seem to get to the system right before Heretic, get stuck, and then loop around to finish the Luminous story.
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

To retire, you need to backtrack to Eternity Port (the station) in Sirius after Luminous is dead. Dock at EP, and you should get a conversation. Accept the offer, and the game ends.

There are no systems near Heretic in Eternity Port. You do not even progress past Point Juno. There are only about three systems past Eta Ceti in Eternity Port.
Download and Play in 1.9 beta 1...
Drake Technologies (Alpha): More hardware for combat in parts 1 and 2!
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!
Playership Drones: Buy or restore exotic ships to command!

Other playable mods from 1.8 and 1.7, waiting to be updated...
Godmode v3 (WIP): Dev/cheat tool compatible with D&O parts 1 or 2.