Idea: Targeting ROM from Kate if you agree to rescue Katami.

Post ideas & suggestions you have pertaining to the game here.
AssumedPseudonym
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Some games just don’t spawn a targeting ROM anywhere. Some players just can’t aim for kack and rely heavily on tracking or omnidirectional weapons. That adds up to a bad combination when it’s time to rescue Katami. It’d be nice if Kate offered you a targeting ROM (if you don’t already have targeting capabilities, at least) when you agree to go bust him out. Also, on that general line of thinking, setting the mission target as the Molotok instead of the station if you have targeting capabilities — like how you target Arco Vaughn instead of his habitat back in Eridani when you’re given the mission, assuming you can target objects — would a nice, if minor, adjustment to the mission.

Mod prefixes: 0xA010 (registered) and 0xDCC8 (miscellaneous)

My mods on Xelerus: Click here!

Of all the things I’ve lost in life, I miss my mind the least. (I’m having a lot more fun without it!)
gunship256
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

I agree. I've ordered a targeting ROM from a Corporate Trading Post before because one didn't spawn before Sanctuary.
DigaRW
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Me too. But what if players have them already?
Download Transcendence mods from Reinvented Workbench Project!
Click this link!
JohnBWatson
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Normally I'm against such things, but the mission is definitely unfair if you don't have one. I'm in favor of changing the mission entirely due to the huge number of glitches associated with it, but as an interim measure this would fix one issue, at least.
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Location: Hmm... I'm confused. Anybody have a starmap to the Core?

Seconded because games without a targeting rom are 5x harder than game with. Not knowing enemy ship HP is a huge disadvantage.
Tutorial List on the Wiki and Installing Mods
Get on Discord for mod help and general chat
Der Tod ist der zeitlose Frieden und das leben ist der Krieg
Wir müssen wissen — wir werden wissen!
I don't want any sort of copyright on my Transcendence mods. Feel free to take/modify whatever you want.
DigaRW
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

I suggest it given before the Katami mission, because the problem against Molotok. I mean you have hundred deadly tracking missile, but it will useless when you try mess with friendly (but a bad guy) Molotok. But still, Hiro ROM is a big reward that almost equal with Targeting ROM.
Download Transcendence mods from Reinvented Workbench Project!
Click this link!
gunship256
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

I think that's AssumedPseudonym's intention: the targeting ROM is an aid that's offered before the mission is over.
AssumedPseudonym
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

That was the intent, yes.

Mod prefixes: 0xA010 (registered) and 0xDCC8 (miscellaneous)

My mods on Xelerus: Click here!

Of all the things I’ve lost in life, I miss my mind the least. (I’m having a lot more fun without it!)