Domina exp yield from slaves a bit too much?

Post ideas & suggestions you have pertaining to the game here.
JohnBWatson
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

I recently went from zero EXP all the way to Shatter just by donating the slave yield of a Sung convoy mission given by the militia, which seems a little excessive. Given the fact that any other method of raising Domina rank is far, far slower, and that slaves have little other use other than the fabricator(which is easy enough to satisfy with some luxury goods bought using the nigh - infinite supply of late game credits), they could probably do to provide moderately less XP when donated. A more fleshed out solution that would maintain their value while balancing them against other methods would be to cap the number of slaves that can be donated at any given station at 5, having the station claim that they are not equipped to take in any more of them after that point.
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

It is only much because nothing else aside from halo gems, which are found later and too valuable to waste, gives significant XP. I have no problem with slaves maxing my rank quickly, but I am not fond waiting until St. K's or later before I can use any power aside from Sustain. Also, the XP you get from occasionally meditating at the Sanctum is really puny. Using the Sanctum is a waste of attitude points.

As for fabricator, I like to feed the fabricator with slaves because replenishing luxury food is difficult (unlike armor or fuel) but usually do not have enough slaves left to do that. (@ JBW: There were few games which I nearly wiped out all of the readily available luxury food due to excessive fabrication, and no amount of money would have helped to get more - only more Ares Polar grinding, trading meds for booze at one CSC, maybe dumping mined ore at a random factory, or blowing a trading post order for 120 jinn-khan.)

Slaves are somewhat useful aside from Domina. Free a dozen slaves at Commonwealth stations twice. That gives a chance for a longzhu sphere reward (otherwise, junk art item). After that, it is either feeding the fabricator or selling them. Player can sell one slave per transaction and never get caught, unless George patches that exploit later (I posted a ticket about that long time ago).

Similarly, in Eternity Port, the merc's slave equivalent are quantum CPUs. Actually, player should try to hoard all non-CPU items until the CDM shard cannot eat anymore CPUs, then try to feed everything else to maybe eek out one more level for stronger powers.
Download and Play in 1.9 beta 1...
Drake Technologies (Alpha): More hardware for combat in parts 1 and 2!
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!
Playership Drones: Buy or restore exotic ships to command!

Other playable mods from 1.8 and 1.7, waiting to be updated...
Godmode v3 (WIP): Dev/cheat tool compatible with D&O parts 1 or 2.
JohnBWatson
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

I feel like the curve ought to be flattened out a bit. As you said, we presently get virtually nothing but sustain all through the New Beyond, then unlock everything in the first two systems of the Ungoverned Territories. The Sisters don't even appear at all in the Outer Realm. Ideally, things should work a bit more smoothly, with abilities gradually being unlocked over the course of part I, but I'd be happy with a system that just spreads them out over the course of the Ungoverned Territories.

With regard to EP, I've always found its leveling system pretty balanced. The hard lockout of higher - tier powers until later on and high cost of the CPUs is a strong balancing factor, combined with the fact that the player doesn't have an opportunity to acquire that many at once.
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

There are only two places Sisters are guaranteed to spawn, Eridani and Heretic. If CorpCom is included, Tau Ceti becomes a third place. If you are lucky, you may find more randomly spawned elsewhere. This is one reason I view jumpdrive must-have (in Stars of the Pilgrim). Warp to Elysium, jump to either Eridani or Heretic for Sisters.
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!

JohnBWatson
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

What I was saying was that they do not show up in the Outer Realm(nor does much stuff that can be donated) aside from Heretic, and there isn't much in the New Beyond that can be donated to them. Progress with them is effectively limited to Sung camps and early militia missions, of which only a small handful are typically needed, meaning the only progress made with them is a rapid jump from rank 0 to max rank at the start of the Ungoverned Territories.
TheLoneWolf
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Code: Select all

minAppearing= "4"
maxAppearing= "6"
There :D

Bad joke, but Sustain is all that I ever use. I never sold slaves to the BM, but I expect it to be quite a payoff. If it ain't, only THEN I'll believe that Slave EXP is unbalanced.

Why you never saw a score of mine on the score board (seriously, there isn't ONE score belonging to me there) is because I only recently (like a year) got to know that something like that was in place.
JohnBWatson
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Selling more than one slave to the Black Market results in instakill when docking at any CW station. Their only uses aside from donating are Teraton Fabricator food(difficult to do, given that they leave upon docking at a CW station regardless of the smuggler's bay, and the distance from the start of UT to the end of OR is very large) and the nearly worthless stuff they give you upon being freed(longzhus are common and cheap enough that I've never wanted more than I already had).
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Selling more than one slave at a time has a chance for a class 2 arrest (i.e., big fine on conviction if you have no criminal record).

As for longzhus, it depends what you want to do with them. Back in the day when they stacked, there were never enough. You could enhance two, maybe three, endgame items to +150%. Now, it depends how many you want to repair high-level broken items, which are worth a lot of money, or if you want to use the Qianlong archcannon as a main weapon for much of the game (or hand it to one of your autons via auton bay). Longzhu spheres are still very useful.

TheLoneWolf
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

How do CW get to know who smuggled freakin slaves into a BM station?
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

The game (code) says so. Just like how all stations everywhere in Human Space know the instant a player kills a freighter or a friendly station. While there might be data transfer missions for you and scripted NPCs (e.g., Juan Carlos), the law is not bound by such petty verisimilitude limitations.