Barrel: which enchancement and misc?

Post ideas & suggestions you have pertaining to the game here.
DigaRW
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

I actually not trully annoyed by barrel, though they have two type (enchancement and misc). But it should be great if they have different pics. So then, I suggest that barrel (enchancement) must have additional symbol and/or have different color than barrel (misc).
Download Transcendence mods from Reinvented Workbench Project!
Click this link!
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

I guess the suggestion is to have two possible images for an item, one image for the item when is unknown, and another image for the item when it is known. Yes, this is a good idea, as it can be a way to prevent metagaming a given item's identity, probably worth a ticket.

I remember seeing this for the Annihilus in Diablo 2. When unidentified, its image appeared as any other small charm, but once it was identified, it appeared as a blue shard (same image as Mephisto's soulstone).
Download and Play in 1.9 beta 1...
Drake Technologies (Alpha): More hardware for combat in parts 1 and 2!
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!
Playership Drones: Buy or restore exotic ships to command!

Other playable mods from 1.8 and 1.7, waiting to be updated...
Godmode v3 (WIP): Dev/cheat tool compatible with D&O parts 1 or 2.
JohnBWatson
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

I thought what he meant was that some barrels can be identified/applied to the ship's hull(IE: organic acid, reactive armor coating), and some(barrel of heavy water, centauri rice) cannot. I don't think they need separate images, but it might be nice to have.
Xephyr
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

It makes sense for food items and armour barrels to be seperated, but I think they should also be seperated by level. Already there are unknown types that vary by level, so its fair for them to have an image/colour variant as well.

For that matter there's a lot of easy items to give unique images - stuff like ores can be distinguished just by hue variants, and barrels are conveniently simple meshes. I'd like to see more of that kind of thing eventually.
Project Renegade (Beta) : "The Poor Man's Corporate Command!"
Real programmers count from 0. And sometimes I do, too.
DigaRW
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

JohnBWatson wrote:I thought what he meant was that some barrels can be identified/applied to the ship's hull(IE: organic acid, reactive armor coating), and some(barrel of heavy water, centauri rice) cannot. I don't think they need separate images, but it might be nice to have.
Yes, like that.
Sometimes players when looting the wreck or station, they may don't notice the barrel (Enchancement) when looting with other barrel (Misc Items). So the players will not notice that until they check their cargo.
It was once happen to me, and make me frustated because I already buy another barrel that have same effect. Xd
Most (If it true) Players not focusing what they loot, they loot what they think useful and they loot not based by name, but based by pictures.
Click this link!
DigaRW
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

All barrel (Enchancement) should add 'enchancement' symbol (Which also applied to 'Unknown Barrel'), while barrel (Food) and barrel (Resource) have their individual symbol (or color)in the barrel.
Click this link!