Offline Functionality

Post ideas & suggestions you have pertaining to the game here.
TheLoneWolf
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Alright so I'm not connected to the internet at all times so it has become almost impossible for me to play Transcendence while offline. The game requires you to be logged in to start or load a registered game. Why can't I start a game of Transcendence and register it later, or load a registered game? What is the merit of this? Wouldn't it be great if the game stored death statistics in a file during offline play and then upload it to Multiverse when the player logs in?
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

If your computer is not connected to the Internet (as opposed to firewall on lockdown), you should be able to play unregistered Transcendence offline. If you want a registered game, well, the point of registered is statistics controlled by server. If people can upload stats to the server, you are trusting that everyone is honest, and there is no way to verify integrity of all submissions.

That said, it would be nice that if your computer is connected to internet yet Offline is selected, Transcendence should not try to connect to multiverse. Offline should mean Offline.
Download and Play in 1.9 beta 1...
Drake Technologies (Alpha): More hardware for combat in parts 1 and 2!
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!
Playership Drones: Buy or restore exotic ships to command!

Other playable mods from 1.8 and 1.7, waiting to be updated...
Godmode v3 (WIP): Dev/cheat tool compatible with D&O parts 1 or 2.
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

The leaderboards are already victims of duping. An option to load a savefile from a registered game into an unregistered session would be good.

...Transcendence used to be a good portable game you could put on a USB stick and plug into an offline computer. Those days are gone, but better offline functionality is definitely needed.
Mischievous local moderator. She/Her pronouns.
Ferdinand
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

I have already made a Ministry ticket for this (almost 2 years ago) http://ministry.kronosaur.com/record.hexm?id=1373
Watch TV, Do Nothing
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

yeah the leaderboards are a complete mess lol
TheLoneWolf
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Watch TV, Do Nothing wrote:yeah the leaderboards are a complete mess lol
We should rethink the mechanics of the leaderboards. Or make the savetype more complicated.