Put WMD on the Valjor series

Post ideas & suggestions you have pertaining to the game here.
JimB
Anarchist
Anarchist

These are a wierd series of guns, neither one thing nor the other. Slow enough you need to time your shots at gunships even with the Freyr swivel mount. No WMD for base-cracking.

Oddly, the Valjor 220 text says it uses "hard-hitting ion damage, good against capital ships". But with no WMD or rapid-fire, it is useless against them once you've taken out their shields. It strikes me that the Valjor series could be made useful by putting WMD on them.

That means they are a novel sort of base-cracker weapon that doesn't use Blast or Thermo, and a good choice vs things like Drakes with blast plate. The slow rate of fire is not a problem any more because you're using them against large capital ships.
JohnBWatson
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

The old compartment system wasn't quite as reliant on WMD - you just needed a solid finishing shot after getting through the armor to kill a capital ship. It wasn't quite as easy to understand as the current system, but I maintain that it was better balanced and more satisfying.

Anyways, that's where the description comes from, I believe.
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

This was identified as a problem during the rebalance for 1.7, but it was never fixed. I support the addition of WMD to these weapons.
JohnBWatson wrote:
Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:01 pm
The old compartment system wasn't quite as reliant on WMD - you just needed a solid finishing shot after getting through the armor to kill a capital ship. It wasn't quite as easy to understand as the current system, but I maintain that it was better balanced and more satisfying.

Anyways, that's where the description comes from, I believe.
Corporate Command came after the removal of critical segments and the shift to compartments, I think. The description has never been correct.
Mischievous local moderator. She/Her pronouns.
JohnBWatson
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Going by the weapon description, it was likely in development since before then.

Regardless, adding WMD damage to make the description correct now is something I support as well.