trancendence online

Post ideas & suggestions you have pertaining to the game here.
ZZZ-11
Anarchist
Anarchist

Good afternoon! Will be multiplayer added? I'm already so tired that I am collecting the guards of the final boss flying iocrym and destroying the ares of the cruiser with their own weapons, I have 7,200,000 account and this apart from what I have not sold yet, I would like to play online, on my own servers, so as not to create problems Developers with their services. When it will be possible?
Derakon
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

I would be in absolute shock if online multiplayer were implemented for Transcendence. Multiplayer is a huge feature that is unbelievably difficult to implement well, especially in realtime. It's also not the kind of thing you can just retrofit onto a singleplayer game. I'm sure you and many other players would love to play in an online context, getting into fights with other players, teaming up to take down enemy stations, etc. but it's really just a huge amount of work. I'm talking at least equal to the work that's already been spent on the game.

So, not that I can claim to speak for George, but to answer your question: when? Never.
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

I was one of the Online Game testers ( Beta Testers ) for several games and I can tell you, the first thing is it would require ground- up work with respawning hostiles , expanding the missions : the stations being the real issue : so if they are in game the entire time they have to immutable : unless the player ( or player's group ) accepts the mission to destroy a particular station on the map.

Also, stations can not be armed ( except during the mission ) if it will be around " everybody".

(Missions involving stations should be confined to removing the player / players from the primary maps)

Primary maps: where normal space players simply have an open ended selection of hostiles on each map level : can dock at friendlies but only drive past and look at the silent stations of hostiles since they would not have the mission to hit the station.
Flying Irresponsibly In Eridani......

I don't like to kill pirates in cold blood ..I do it.. but I don't like it..
sun1404
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Leaving balance problems aside, I think the game engine doesn't even have any support for online play. To make it online would be more or less to make a completely new game.
Yes, look at my avatar, I have a wyvera type ship.