Tabbed cargo hold

Post ideas & suggestions you have pertaining to the game here.
Latheos
Miner
Miner

I'd really like to see a tab-sorted cargo hold, at least as good as what stations have when shopping through the commodity exchanges. Optimally, what would be most useful would be tabs for:
  • Usables (ROMs, repair kits, etc.)
  • Weapons
  • Armor
  • Devices
  • Ammo
  • All
Devices could be merged in with usables, but having weapons, armor, devices, and ammo in their own tabs would be extremely useful, both for keeping track of what's being carried (for us packrats) as well as figuring out what to dump when space gets tight.

I considered making a suggestion on Ministry, but figured I'd post here first in case this has come up before (a search did not turn up anything, bit that might just be me).
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

I would really like this, along with tabs for crates or wrecked stations.
Download and Play in 1.9 beta 1...
Drake Technologies (Alpha): More hardware for combat in parts 1 and 2!
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!
Playership Drones: Buy or restore exotic ships to command!

Other playable mods from 1.8 and 1.7, waiting to be updated...
Godmode v3 (WIP): Dev/cheat tool compatible with D&O parts 1 or 2.
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

PM wrote:
Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:05 pm
I would really like this, along with tabs for crates or wrecked stations.
I am not so sure about this part because the looting of a wreck , etc must often be done while watching your back.

However, Cargo Holds & Mules with a tab menu might really be useful to many players that are in PackRat Mode ( as I often would find myself while playing DySys, PlayerShip Drones, etc )

I once separated Armor in a cargo hold because Armor was part of the extension : and I do remember how, if there had been more room in the screen, I would have liked to divy up the cargo hold more.
Flying Irresponsibly In Eridani......

I don't like to kill pirates in cold blood ..I do it.. but I don't like it..
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Looting wrecks is mostly useful when player stashes all accumulated loot into one wrecked station that no one will disturb. (Except Salvagers, which is why they are kill on sight for players.) I have screens and screens of loot when I manage my stuff, and if I accidently drop my military id or other important item into the loot haystack, it is a pain to find it again. Also, it is annoying when I have to scroll through pages of weapons, devices, and armor before I see and get to commodities I want at the bottom of the list.

Playerships with gigantic cargo holds, such as those seen in Playership Drones, are much the same way.
Download and Play in 1.9 beta 1...
Drake Technologies (Alpha): More hardware for combat in parts 1 and 2!
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!
Playership Drones: Buy or restore exotic ships to command!

Other playable mods from 1.8 and 1.7, waiting to be updated...
Godmode v3 (WIP): Dev/cheat tool compatible with D&O parts 1 or 2.
Derakon
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

PM wrote:
Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:46 pm
Looting wrecks is mostly useful when player stashes all accumulated loot into one wrecked station that no one will disturb. (Except Salvagers, which is why they are kill on sight for players.) I have screens and screens of loot when I manage my stuff, and if I accidently drop my military id or other important item into the loot haystack, it is a pain to find it again. Also, it is annoying when I have to scroll through pages of weapons, devices, and armor before I see and get to commodities I want at the bottom of the list.
Proposed solution: destroyed ships and stations collapse into un-dockable rubble some brief time after being disabled. Voila: no more using them as erstwhile loot stashes. :)
relanat
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

See https://forums.kronosaur.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=8447 for a Tabbed Cargo Hold mod.

Also has code examples for "tabbing" other objects.
Stupid code. Do what I want, not what I typed in!