New rumors/hints

Post ideas & suggestions you have pertaining to the game here.
Derakon
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Talking to station masters is a good way to give hints to the newbie player. Unfortunately the current hints are kind of out of date (e.g. recommending that the player get an enhanced slam cannon!). How about some new ones?

"Higher-level armor is naturally better at resisting low-level damage types. That holds just as true for your enemies as it does for you, so watch out!"

"I hear a lot of people are flying around with miners' cargo holds these days. The extra storage capacity is nice even if you don't plan on doing any mining, but it does slow you down a bit."

"Did you see the news? Another high-class hotel busted for illegal drug trafficking. Who do these people think they are, anyway?"

"Lightweight weapons won't do much to a capital ship or station, no matter how good they look on paper. If you want to do some base cracking, you'll need something on the WMD scale, the bigger the better."

"Got a favorite weapon? Slap some enhancers on it! I saw a pilot once with so many amplifiers on their turbolaser that it could burn a hole through blast plate."
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

yesterday I was thinking I might have over-powered an Auton Soooo,
I replaced a Akan with a Heavy Slam Cannon on the Auton : was flying the stock freighter,
it killed me easier then the Akan could ( and I thought I was taking it down a notch! ).

However, these same weapons used by factions in the hands of the player can be very different.

That Akan armed Auton would take almost 6 - 8 shots to nearly cripple my ship : the Heavy Slam Cannon did it in 4 & killed me.

So, I think an Enhanced Slam Cannon might not exactly be as "outdated" as it sounds.
Last edited by shanejfilomena on Tue May 16, 2017 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Flying Irresponsibly In Eridani......

I don't like to kill pirates in cold blood ..I do it.. but I don't like it..
Derakon
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Go ahead and try to use a slam cannon against the Centauri, Charon, Anarchists, outlaw miners, etc. and let me know how that works out. A stock freighter is not the kind of ship that the player is trying to fight, so it makes no difference if a slam cannon happens to be good in that situation.

Anyway, the real point of this thread is to brainstorm more advice for station masters to hand out. On that note...

"You're a pilgrim, huh? I hear Domina grants you guys some scary powers if she likes you enough. I wish I could blow up starships with my mind..."

"You're lucky: you're in a ship, so you can run away if things go badly. People in stations don't have that kind of luxury."

"I hear the Charon pirates have a superweapon that they'll use against anyone that annoys them too much. As if we didn't have enough problems already."