Rin Counter

Post ideas & suggestions you have pertaining to the game here.
dvlenk6
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

The player ship could use a rin counter to keep track of how many rins the player has; like the credit counter that is at the top of the ship interior but for rins.
"War is hell."
-William Tecumseh Sherman
http://dvlenk6.blackraven3d.com/transgals.html
Yugi
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

I agree.
Annoyingly, this has been suggested by many people for many versions, but always ignored by George for some reason. It would be pretty simple to implement, wouldn't it?

I think there should be a new status screen that's much like the new ship select screen, with assorted information much like the current status screen.
dvlenk6
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

I don't remember seeing it suggested before; or I wouldn't have started another thread for it.
"War is hell."
-William Tecumseh Sherman
http://dvlenk6.blackraven3d.com/transgals.html
Burzmali
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Well, if George were to implement this, then he would have to change the underlying code for dockscreens (which has been almost untouched since at least 0.95). I prefer to believe that he is making the layout and contents of the dockscreens modifiable via the XML and has yet to perfect it.
Burzmali
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

The layout and format of dockscreens is entirely outside the XML. Changes to it will involve changes to the code. George has done little (at least little that I've noticed) to the code for dockscreens in the least 4 or 5 releases. If George were to touch that section of code, wouldn't you prefer that he made it modable via the XML (i.e. change layout, added inset windows, change font size and color etc.) instead of just adding a second counter?