Minotaur class

Post ideas & suggestions you have pertaining to the game here.
Derakon
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:37 pm

JohnBWatson wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:16 pm
PM wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:46 pm
@ JBW: I have no problem with base .27+c ships, especially if they have other weaknesses. No, it cannot outrun missiles since most are .40c or more, although it can probably get shot at less by avoiding enemies that shoot those missiles more easily, assuming its agility is as good as top speed.
Missile velocity is limited by the velocity of the target. A guided missile fired by a ship not moving in the right direction(common w/ Charon frigates) will often be possible for a Wolfen to outrun. Come to think of it, this is probably a glitch.
Am I understanding you correctly that the maximum velocity of a guided missile is equal to the launch velocity? That makes some degree of sense for unguided projectiles, but I agree for guided it smells like a bug.

JohnBWatson
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:43 pm

You understand correctly. The tag's up on ministry now.

relanat
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:38 am

"Byzantine" as a name?

The ship could be linked to a special mission which can't be completed by a smaller ship ( the only Idea I have is maybe based on cargo space?). This would provide the basis for selecting it. Do the mission then change back if you want, or else keep the ship. Similar to freighter versus gunship players, each selects based on their playing style.