! Negative cost items?

Post ideas & suggestions you have pertaining to the game here.
The Wicked Flea
Miner
Miner

Hey, I just thought of something!

What if some items had negative costs so you had to PAY someone to take them from you? :lol: Think it'd work to implement?
Cardinal
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

This would only work if there was some penalty for jettisoning that item, Or maybe you picked up and opened a barrel of adhesive gel which fixed itself to your cargo hold.

100 credit fee for solvents, manpower and disposal.
I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.
Yugi
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Actually, this is currently possible since when something has too high a value (such as the price of an item or the number of your credits) it becomes a (seemingly random) negative number.
Through godmodding I had several billion credits, and when I changed the value somehow (like selling or buying an item), it become a number like '-238592935900234'.
Anyway, I seem to remember it working the same way with item values, they eventually become negative so you have to pay them to take it away.

And here's a random fact... most junkyards in Scotland pay you something like £50 for your old car (cos they'll strip it for spare parts) - in England you have to pay them :?
Cardinal
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

I don't doubt that it is possible, its probably quite easy to programme, but unless there is a reason to pay someone to take something, there is no point.

Jettison. Jettison. Jettison.

I seem to recall that in Elite Frontier (which I confess I never actually played myself), certain space colonies would pay you to take away their junk. Ferrians might excrete diamonds or something, which clog up their sewerage systems. Yuk. Take it away please!
I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.