[1.04 Bug] Ionized ship stays ionized after insurance claim.

Bug reports for the different beta versions of transcendence.
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

If an insured player dies while devices are ionized, the devices stay ionized for the remainder of the duration after respawning. All other status effects get cured, but not this.
Ttech
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

PM wrote:If an insured player dies while devices are ionized, the devices stay ionized for the remainder of the duration after respawning. All other status effects get cured, but not this.
So the electrical field stuff gets displayed all the time?
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

No, it disappears when the ionization times out. The problem is ionization is the only status effect not removed immediately after an insurance respawn, unlike all other status effects.
Star Weaver
Militia Commander
Militia Commander
Location: . . . between the stars and the warm black sky . . .

I can't find any indication that this was ever looked at. Can someone test this? I'm not sure how to easliy ionize myself good enough to see.
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

What Transcendence needs is a function that removes the ionized status from an item. No such function exists in 1.08b.

To test ionization, use a godmod to spawn and equip a damaged ion disruptor (or make a custom weapon with deviceDisrupt and a high failure chance), and, while your shields are off, fire until your weapon misfires and hits you. Repeat until you see pretty sparks around your ship. Make sure your armor has high hp and vulnerability to device damage/disrupt before trying this. If you want to test insurance claims, get insurance, ionize yourself, then destroy your ship. After respawning, see the sparks on your ship and your equipment. Why are my items still ionized when claiming insurance removes every other malady my ship had?
Download and Play in 1.9 beta 1...
Drake Technologies (Alpha): More hardware for combat in parts 1 and 2!
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!
Playership Drones: Buy or restore exotic ships to command!

Other playable mods from 1.8 and 1.7, waiting to be updated...
Godmode v3 (WIP): Dev/cheat tool compatible with D&O parts 1 or 2.