Target image and info persists

Bug reports for the different beta versions of transcendence.
Prophet
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

I'm unsure if this is intended behaviour or not, as the circumstances would certainly not arise very often, but....

While hacking the HUD away, I overwrote WeaponsHUD.bmp with a 1x1 image (all that's left is the LRS)

When I select a target (using 'T' or 'F') the object image appears in the usual place along with the associated info.

Now the weirdness appears...
When using 'R' to clear the target, the image and text persist. Acquiring a new target will show the appropriate image and text over top of the old and ends up looking really bad.

I'm not really expecting anything to happen with this, but wanted to let you know in case this is unintended.
If it's not, I will open a ticket for it at that time.
Coming soon: The Syrtian War adventure mod!
A Turret defense genre mod exploring the worst era in Earth's history.
Can you defend the Earth from the Syrtian invaders?
Stay tuned for updates!
alterecco
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

That is odd. And a pity (perhaps we just avoid targeting anything?)
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

I encountered a similar problem for the shield image on the HUD (while developing Playership Drones). If I use shield images that are smaller than the stock shield images, say... custom Hornet shield images that are about half the size of the Wolfen shield images, then when I change from a Wolfen to a Hornet, only the center of the old Wolfen shield image on the HUD is drawn over with the new smaller Hornet image. When I saw that, I needed to enlarge my Hornet shield images to match the size of the stock shield images to avoid this problem.
Download and Play in 1.9 beta 1...
Drake Technologies (Alpha): More hardware for combat in parts 1 and 2!
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!
Playership Drones: Buy or restore exotic ships to command!

Other playable mods from 1.8 and 1.7, waiting to be updated...
Godmode v3 (WIP): Dev/cheat tool compatible with D&O parts 1 or 2.