Impossible Millitary Missions

Bug reports for the different beta versions of transcendence.
Lord_Eyre
Anarchist
Anarchist

Hello all, This is my first ever post on the forums!!! :D
I've spent many, many hours playing transcendence but at the moment the only majorly annoying thing i've found is that it is impossible for me to complete missions in my Lui Bai system. I'm meant to kill the Ares Freighters but the CSC ship is soo far away by the time i get there the Freighters have already left.

Has this happened (or similar) to anyone else? or am i just unlucky this time?

Have fun playing,
Lord_Eyre
The Voices In My Head Are Telling Me To Cleanse The System With Fire... No Fire?
The Voices In My Head Are Telling Me To Cleanse The System WITH PLASMA!!!
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Location: Hmm... I'm confused. Anybody have a starmap to the Core?

Do you have it such that the CSC is far away from both stargates, and that both stargates are close to each other?
It's an instance of the RNG (random number generator) messing up your missions.
I think it's a known bug, but it still should be trac worthy.
My suggestion:
Stop taking missions from that CSC. Fail too many missions and I think the Fleet may start demoting you....

EDIT:
Oh, and welcome to the forums! Hope you enjoy your stay and drop by IRC sometime soon! :D
Tutorial List on the Wiki and Installing Mods
Get on Discord for mod help and general chat
Der Tod ist der zeitlose Frieden und das leben ist der Krieg
Wir müssen wissen — wir werden wissen!
I don't want any sort of copyright on my Transcendence mods. Feel free to take/modify whatever you want.
sdw195
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

hi lord_eyre welcome to the forums, i fear your mission bug is just the luck of the RNG that generates the systems, but if you supply you save and any mods you use (if you have any) i am sure a experienced modder could give you some code to run in the debug console to complete that mission for you (aka a cheat code) (if it is a bug) :)
"Dash_Merc - George is a genius, in that he created this game engine that is infinitely extendable"
"<@sheepluva>Good night everybody, may the source be with you." <-- FOSG dev
"You only need THREE tools in life - WD-40 to make things go, Duct Tape to make things stop And C-4 to make things go away"
Lord_Eyre
Anarchist
Anarchist

Thanks for the help!!!!
BTW i'm curious, would the fact that although i've started 2 new saves i haven't found a single tinker?

I'm 95% sure i haven't just missed it. Do you think its probably just the randomness of the game?

:D :D :D :D :D
Lord_Eyre
The Voices In My Head Are Telling Me To Cleanse The System With Fire... No Fire?
The Voices In My Head Are Telling Me To Cleanse The System WITH PLASMA!!!
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

It is possible for some stations to never spawn in a game.
Download and Play in 1.9 beta 1...
Drake Technologies (Alpha): More hardware for combat in parts 1 and 2!
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!
Playership Drones: Buy or restore exotic ships to command!

Other playable mods from 1.8 and 1.7, waiting to be updated...
Godmode v3 (WIP): Dev/cheat tool compatible with D&O parts 1 or 2.
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Tinker stations are a Uncommon station in the game only because they are designed to be elusive.
While Tinkers can sometimes be your best friend, they have the power to give the player too much of an advantage. It was this latent ability of the station that drove many to want more advantages and more station frequency. I fell into that once myself.

However, I have since learned the error of my ways :) unless I am going to adapt a tinker to handle something I put in the game : I like them just the way they are : a good surprise.
Flying Irresponsibly In Eridani......

I don't like to kill pirates in cold blood ..I do it.. but I don't like it..
Star Weaver
Militia Commander
Militia Commander
Location: . . . between the stars and the warm black sky . . .

Re: The original comment. If a system is named Liu Bai it's going to be a binary system (just before eta ceti) ... binary systems are renowned for their massive ... bigness; has anyone eles had trouble with CSC missions and the distances involved in them?