Unable to continue due to program error. spam

Bug reports for the different beta versions of transcendence.
sdw195
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

i was playing with shrikes metal swarm idea and i keep running in to Unable to continue due to program error errors which mean nothing to me,
dbglog and code are attached to reproduce, do (ms) in console the same error happens if you spawn the ship in the main menu battle thing
Attachments
Debug.zip
(7.66 KiB) Downloaded 199 times
"Dash_Merc - George is a genius, in that he created this game engine that is infinitely extendable"
"<@sheepluva>Good night everybody, may the source be with you." <-- FOSG dev
"You only need THREE tools in life - WD-40 to make things go, Duct Tape to make things stop And C-4 to make things go away"
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

my opinion is that, what I was reading and my experience in driving the game to insanity with my very bad ideas is it thinks there is a radioactive explosion going on in Eridani station or near the star:
Nano class destroyer ? i think your debug is missing things: it says nothing about a custom ship.

I looked at the cheat codes and saw nothing : I released radioactive missiles, thermal missiles and self-reloading disposable launchers ( S3 missiles ): nothing.
I do not have Ion Missiles, srry.

I was looking at Nano composition ( formerly used on Luminous drones ) and trying to understand it's interaction in the game , but thats the closest I ever got to anything with Nano beyond a barrel of "try me" i get from Pirates
Flying Irresponsibly In Eridani......

I don't like to kill pirates in cold blood ..I do it.. but I don't like it..
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Location: Hmm... I'm confused. Anybody have a starmap to the Core?

What's the difference between metal swarm and zombies?
Ice-9.zip
(4.54 KiB) Downloaded 195 times
Check out the vtTheFlood and you'll see some action ;)
Tutorial List on the Wiki and Installing Mods
Get on Discord for mod help and general chat
Der Tod ist der zeitlose Frieden und das leben ist der Krieg
Wir müssen wissen — wir werden wissen!
I don't want any sort of copyright on my Transcendence mods. Feel free to take/modify whatever you want.
sdw195
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

i gave up on this, so i just locked it, will leave it here in case George wants to see the errors
"Dash_Merc - George is a genius, in that he created this game engine that is infinitely extendable"
"You only need THREE tools in life - WD-40 to make things go, Duct Tape to make things stop And C-4 to make things go away"
george moromisato
Developer
Developer

Sorry I didn't see this earlier.

The bug is that the engine cannot handle destroying the source from inside of OnFireWeapon. It looks like you tried to fix that by adding a timer, but you put the event ("die") inside of the item; it should be on the ship (scnanit). When I tried that the ships replicated infinitely.

I've opened up a ticket for handling a destroy insode of OnFireWeapon (http://wiki.neurohack.com/transcendence/trac/ticket/710)
sdw195
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

cool, thanks george
Star Weaver
Militia Commander
Militia Commander
Location: . . . between the stars and the warm black sky . . .

Should this be moved to closed now?