Corporate Cruiser runs out of Ammo

Bug reports for the different beta versions of transcendence.
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

While flying Corporate Contracts a station got hit and the cruiser responded: I followed along to try to loot the wreck of the hostile only to find them BOTH out of ammo: circling each other.

I was never a fan of the ammo weapons on the cruiser because of the sad damage they did ( both Gotha 10 and the 400 seeker carry the SAME damage ). However to find the ship that saves your tail more times then you realize in many games running out of ammo is not a happy moment. thats almost as bad as the moment you realize your not going to live forever........

in the past I resorted to adding extra cruisers : or building one to help the regular one :

yesterday I did this : I made a launcher just for the cruiser ( not random) and does not affect the regular launcher in the game.
result is: hopefully: no running out of ammo and leaving the player and the universe unsecured in the face of a Kiloton cannon.

Code: Select all

<!-- CorporateCruiser -->

<ShipClass UNID="&scCorporateCruiser;"
			manufacturer=		"Corporate"
			class=				""
			type=				"cruiser"
			score=				"2160"

mass=				"8000"
			cargoSpace=			"1000"
			thrust=				"5000"
			maneuver=			"12"
			maxSpeed=			"20"

cyberDefenseLevel=	"8"

explosionType=		"&vtThermoExplosion2;"
			leavesWreck=		"100"

attributes=			"corporate,genericClass"
			>

<Armor>
			<ArmorSection start="345" span="15" armorID="&itQuadroCarbideArmor;" />
			<ArmorSection start="330" span="15" armorID="&itQuadroCarbideArmor;" />
			<ArmorSection start="315" span="15" armorID="&itQuadroCarbideArmor;" nonCritical="general"/>
			<ArmorSection start="300" span="15" armorID="&itQuadroCarbideArmor;" nonCritical="general"/>
			<ArmorSection start="285" span="15" armorID="&itQuadroCarbideArmor;" nonCritical="general"/>
			<ArmorSection start="270" span="15" armorID="&itQuadroCarbideArmor;" nonCritical="general"/>
			<ArmorSection start="255" span="15" armorID="&itQuadroCarbideArmor;" nonCritical="general"/>
			<ArmorSection start="240" span="15" armorID="&itQuadroCarbideArmor;" nonCritical="general"/>
			<ArmorSection start="225" span="15" armorID="&itQuadroCarbideArmor;" nonCritical="general"/>
			<ArmorSection start="210" span="15" armorID="&itQuadroCarbideArmor;" nonCritical="general"/>
			<ArmorSection start="195" span="15" armorID="&itQuadroCarbideArmor;" />
			<ArmorSection start="180" span="15" armorID="&itQuadroCarbideArmor;" />

<ArmorSection start="165" span="15" armorID="&itQuadroCarbideArmor;" />
			<ArmorSection start="150" span="15" armorID="&itQuadroCarbideArmor;" />
			<ArmorSection start="135" span="15" armorID="&itQuadroCarbideArmor;" nonCritical="general"/>
			<ArmorSection start="120" span="15" armorID="&itQuadroCarbideArmor;" nonCritical="general"/>
			<ArmorSection start="105" span="15" armorID="&itQuadroCarbideArmor;" nonCritical="general"/>
			<ArmorSection start="90"  span="15" armorID="&itQuadroCarbideArmor;" nonCritical="general"/>
			<ArmorSection start="75"  span="15" armorID="&itQuadroCarbideArmor;" nonCritical="general"/>
			<ArmorSection start="60"  span="15" armorID="&itQuadroCarbideArmor;" nonCritical="general"/>
			<ArmorSection start="45"  span="15" armorID="&itQuadroCarbideArmor;" nonCritical="general"/>
			<ArmorSection start="30"  span="15" armorID="&itQuadroCarbideArmor;" nonCritical="general"/>
			<ArmorSection start="15"  span="15" armorID="&itQuadroCarbideArmor;" />
			<ArmorSection start="0"   span="15" armorID="&itQuadroCarbideArmor;" />
		</Armor>

<Devices>
			<Device deviceID="&itRasiermesserLauncherXG;" secondaryWeapon="true" minFireArc="340" maxFireArc="200" posAngle="120" posRadius="60"/>
			<Device deviceID="&itRasiermesserLauncherXG;" secondaryWeapon="true" minFireArc="160" maxFireArc="20" posAngle="240" posRadius="60"/>
			<Device deviceID="&itPlasmaShieldGenerator;"/>
		</Devices>

<Image imageID="&rsLargeShips1;" imageX="576" imageY="0" imageWidth="192" imageHeight="192" imageFrameCount="0" imageTicksPerFrame="0"/>

<Items>
			<Item count="40d20" item="&itGotha10Missile;"/>
			<Item count="2d12" item="&itPteracniumFuelRod;"/>
		</Items>

<AISettings
			fireRateAdj=		"25"
			fireAccuracy=		"95"
			perception=			"4"
			/>

</ShipClass>
<!-- Rasiermesser Launcher XG-->

<ItemType UNID="&itRasiermesserLauncherXG;"
			name=				"Rasiermesser launcher"
			level=				"8"
			value=				"2000"
			mass=				"1300"
			frequency=			"notrandom"
			attributes=			"MajorItem; Military; Rasiermesser"

description=		"After the success of the SmartCannon, the Rasiermesser corporation developed a line of missiles for the military."
			>
		<Image imageID="&rsItemsRasiermesser4;" imageX="288" imageY="0" imageWidth="96" imageHeight="96"/>

<Weapon
				type=				"missile"

fireRate=			"30"
				powerUse=			"5"

deviceSlots=		"0"
				external=			"true"

damage=				"thermo:4d12; momentum3; WMD7"
				missileSpeed=		"40"
				hitPoints=			"20"
				lifetime=			"120"
				maneuverability=	"2"

directional=		"true"
				sound=				"&snMissileLauncher;"

vaporTrailLength=	"16"
				vaporTrailWidth=	"110"
				vaporTrailWidthInc=	"5"
				vaporTrailColor=	"0xd0, 0xd0, 0xd0"
				>

<Effect>
						<Image imageID="&rsStdMissile1;" imageX="0" imageY="0" imageWidth="32" imageHeight="32" rotationCount="40"/>
					</Effect>

<HitEffect
							sound="&snArmorHit1;"
							>
						<Image imageID="&rsMediumExplosions;" 
								imageX="0" 
								imageY="0" 
								imageWidth="64" 
								imageHeight="64"
								imageFrameCount="16"
								imageTicksPerFrame="2"/>
					</HitEffect>

</Weapon>

</ItemType>
Flying Irresponsibly In Eridani......

I don't like to kill pirates in cold blood ..I do it.. but I don't like it..
Star Weaver
Militia Commander
Militia Commander
Location: . . . between the stars and the warm black sky . . .

This probably should have been in suggestions rather than bugs?