Is this a bug? Bushido and Carbide Carapace

Bug reports for the different beta versions of transcendence.
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Atarlost wrote:I don't believe -hp% mods are ever used on armor.
There are none now, but some modder may try this later.
Atarlost wrote:Bounds checking to set the return for a zero denominator is possible, but zero max HP armor is an edge case that does not come up in the normal game. It could be as easily be declared an invalid value at the xml parser.
It used to break and crash the game. I think (don't have time now to confirm) someone made a ticket for it during the 1.05 days, and George fixed it for 1.06.
Atarlost wrote:1 hp armor would only be effected by % boosts greater than 90, which do not normally occur for armor. I believe the greatest possible armor enhancement without cheating or modding is +50%.
True for standard game, but you cannot rely on this for (future) mods.
Atarlost wrote: I do not believe that there are to date any mods that allow further enhancing of armor beyond that. That your corner case exploiting mod might have a mostly cosmetic +1 hp when used with another not yet extant mod that permits twice as much armor enhancement as is possible in the unmodded game is not something that constitutes a reason to not fix exploitable and unrealistic behavior in a vanilla armor type.
It is not very exploitable in the standard game. Worst case scenario (in the player's favor) is player with high fleet rank hugs CSC, fights Ares, and uninstalls/reinstalls armor for free. Come to think of it, armor repairs are free too if fleet rank is high enough. This is peanuts compared to Teraton exploitation, especially if permadeath is broken.
Download and Play in 1.9 beta 1...
Drake Technologies (Alpha): More hardware for combat in parts 1 and 2!
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!
Playership Drones: Buy or restore exotic ships to command!

Other playable mods from 1.8 and 1.7, waiting to be updated...
Godmode v3 (WIP): Dev/cheat tool compatible with D&O parts 1 or 2.