AI controlled ships with over 40 facings drive drunk!

Bug reports for the different beta versions of transcendence.
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

AI cannot consistently pilot ships with more than 40 facings towards a goal. Sometimes, such a ship wanders off helplessly. My guess is the game engine assumes 40 facings or less and pilots ships accordingly. Ships with more than 40 facings drive erratically. I uploaded a demonstration mod called BUG: AI Ships With Over 40 Facings Drive Drunk! to Xelerus.

Also, ships with 40 facings that are overburdened with too much mass are subject to this bug too.

I would love the game to accommodate and correctly pilot ships with up to 180 (or even 360) facings, even if overburdened. This would allow modders to add slow turning ships with many facings for much smoother animation.
Download and Play in 1.9 beta 1...
Drake Technologies (Alpha): More hardware for combat in parts 1 and 2!
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!
Playership Drones: Buy or restore exotic ships to command!

Other playable mods from 1.8 and 1.7, waiting to be updated...
Godmode v3 (WIP): Dev/cheat tool compatible with D&O parts 1 or 2.
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

I just discovered that AI ships with 40 facings and odd-numbered maneuverability, say maneuver="1" or maneuver="3", can get stuck driving erratically too. Changing maneuver from an odd number to an even number fixed this isolated case.
Download and Play in 1.9 beta 1...
Drake Technologies (Alpha): More hardware for combat in parts 1 and 2!
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!
Playership Drones: Buy or restore exotic ships to command!

Other playable mods from 1.8 and 1.7, waiting to be updated...
Godmode v3 (WIP): Dev/cheat tool compatible with D&O parts 1 or 2.