1.08b: Character names

Bug reports for the different beta versions of transcendence.
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

If you're logged into the transcendence multiverse, you currently can't play as a differently named character*. it just reverts back to your username when you start the game.

....that or "Otto Tgolsvart, Gentleman Explorer!" is too awesome for the system to handle.

*this may or may not be true. I've heard from others that it might work, but the game did reject my naming, so I'm pretty sure there's a bug lurking in there.
Mischievous local moderator. She/Her pronouns.
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

[quote="Shrike"
"Otto Tgolsvart, Gentleman Explorer!" is too awesome for the system to handle.[/quote]
it is the name :)
the username should be based on the account: If Shrike has an account and it is auto login : Otto will get pushed to the curb.

* my cousin's kid screamed when he saw the front page : Login : " THEY SPELLED MY NAME WRONG !!!!!! " ... His name is Logan...:)
Flying Irresponsibly In Eridani......

I don't like to kill pirates in cold blood ..I do it.. but I don't like it..
Star Weaver
Militia Commander
Militia Commander
Location: . . . between the stars and the warm black sky . . .

Uh, no. Username != Character Name, thanks. :P
Star Weaver
Militia Commander
Militia Commander
Location: . . . between the stars and the warm black sky . . .

I made a ticket for this: http://wiki.neurohack.com/transcendence/trac/ticket/897

Since I wrote more there than in the thread, here's a copy:
Weaver wrote: I like naming my characters different things for each actual (non-debug) playthrough, so please don't force them to have the name of my multiverse account if I make them while logged in. Add another field for player name that shows up near the top of the f2 stats instead.